New grow room design full automation and control suggestions?

Jbizzle710

420 Member
im trying to build a new grow room with complete automation and control! What are some good products that you would recommend trying. Im going to be running LEDs and advanced nutrients in Rockwool.
Equipment I need: (would like to be able to monitor stuff from my phone if possible)
•something to measure the moisture content of the Rockwool for proper dry back
• complete irrigation system (nutrient delivery and allll that )
• environmental controls like a/c dehu co2

I water by hand in all of my gardens and have never had the need for fancy equipment and i like to think I get pretty good results but my good friend that owns his house in another state wants to fund the whole thing and wants me to build it and help as much as I can .. in return I get the whole first harvest at bare minimum and I told him we would have to work out a percentage for the harvests after that for my genetics and knowledge and depending on how much work I have to do which is why I want to be able to visit this location as least as possible because i would have to fly out there. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you're looking at good gear for hydro go with Under Current or The Bucket Company. Both systems are highly expandable.

Blue lab ph doser (automated)
Wyze camera(s) for remote viewing
For setting up pumps to run if using TBC I use a wifi power bar (I can turn pumps on/off remotely and use a water sensor capable of turning pumps off in case of leaks).

Can't help with the rockwool part if that is the root you like, I'm sure someone else here can chime in.

Environmental- Depends on size of area I suppose. I'd look at the sponsor mini split warehouse.

there are a number of systems out there. a developer i know builds controls for them.
Blue Lab gear is the industry standard for most of the stuff you are thinking of.

the one issue i know they run in to all the time is remote growing actually isn't remote. you will need to be around about as much as a regular home grower.

Pro - it can cut down somewhat on the labour involved when you are there
Con - servicing the different components may be more involved than what most realize.
Con - getting stuff dialed in can be a nightmare. may possibly lose the first couple grows until it gets set.
Pro - once it is dialed it is a joy to run
Con - changing strains or running multiple strains will change the parameters of your sched etc.
Pro - clone runs are a snap

Con - way more gear.

can lead to an increased risk of flood or fire if you are not monitoring in person. this is the one trap a lot of growers get snagged on. remote is usually hydro, and flooding seems to be the number 1 disaster they run in to. it happened to that developer on both a flood and drain, and a rdwc set up. it happens to regular hydro guys as well, but they normally catch it with less damage done.

other than that all the stuff is easily available.

I use a Saturn 4 to control My Exhaust Fan, Dehumidifier & Humidifier. It can also control AC & Co2. Simple to use. Select Mode A,B,C. Set Temp & RH at the desired range & let it do it's thing. I set my RH for 65% & if it goes over that it turns the Humidifier off & the Exhaust on. I set the Temp for 77 F & if it goes over 79 F the exhaust fan kicks on. My AC has it's own controls so I don't plug it into the Saturn 4.... but I can if I wanted to. There are way newer models; but you can find these used for about $50.

Look at Xiaomi & Aquara products (Mi Home). AFAIK it is not officially available on US market, but u can use amazon/ebay to find it.
In my configuration I use two Aqara Temp & Humidity wireless (zigbee) sensors, for the inside/outside grow room environment control.
And these sensors are connected to the Xiaomi Hub & Xiaomi Smart Power Plug.
U can write your own scenarios (scripts) to power on/off plugs and send alerts to the smartphone in case of high/low temp/humidity. It is also compatible with Apple Home.
There are a wide range of sensors, like CO2, leaking, proximity and number of power control devices, like Aquara LLKZMK11LM (google it).

Below the example of one day monitoring of inside grow room environment (sorry, Celsius)

IMG_9379.jpg

Back
Top Bottom