DWC or Aeroponic

KiwiKing

Which produces the most healthy high yield crops DWC or aeroponics? Are there any benefits of one over the other? Would adding more bubblers to the DWC make it more effective?

all things being equal there isnt a tangible difference. more bunnlers wont do anything because there is a finite amount of oxygen absorbtion.

Thanks man. In a few weeks i am going to be starting a soil grow but was wanting to try a dwc or aeroponic setup next. I think dwc would work best for me. On that note, i have looked around the internet to find a 48inx48in plastic tub to build the setup but have been unsuccessful. The closest i can find is a 48x36x30 which is both too narrow and too tall. Ideally i would like to find a 4x4x1 with a lid, if you happen to know somewhere to find one that would be awesome. If i can't find one, i'm thinking about building one out of plywood and epoxy pond liner.

Well that's what i was planning on doing. The 18 gallon tub seems too small for what i am looking for, that's why i was thinking about making one out of plywood and epoxy resin. Ideally i would like to make it 48x48x12-16.

Well that's what i was planning on doing. The 18 gallon tub seems too small for what i am looking for, that's why i was thinking about making one out of plywood and epoxy resin. Ideally i would like to make it 48x48x12-16.

sldunn01, I was thinking the same thing, but am going to opt for 4 plywood sides, a coated plywood top, and EPDM pond liner against the sides and the concrete floor. Hoping that the concrete acts as a heat sink and keeps the nutes cool. Good luck!

I have personally run 3gal buckets, they are a little more work when changing nutes and when adjusting ph but it is nice if roots go bad in one bucket and does not affect the others.
Depending on how many plants you plan on running seperate buckets are not that much more work. You may need to buy more air pumps and stones though, I ran two buckets per one air pump with two outlets.
My 2 cents Good Luck

Well I am all for DWC as well,,

I am also Trying the Deep Water Culture ..
Both seem Great But I must say the feeder Tubes to the rockwool in a Deep Water Culture Does Make the roots Grow At a rapid rate..

I started A 2 pot test DWC and a 6 pot Deep Water Culture system at the Same time And lots of air stones and air LOL . The Bubble system The roots hit the water in 5 days Where the DWC took almost twice that long . If you want Some more info There is a thread on The Deep Water Culture here good luck Both are great Systems ..:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::roorrip:

The Deep Water Culture Home

Back
Top Bottom