DWC oxy bubbler temps...Any Help appreciated.

have just switched to some oxypots to grow my mothers. I take many cuttings so i need a hydro system that will allow rapid growth and repair after stripping a mother. I bought 8 oxypots and they are great, however i am having real difficulty keeping the temps down. they are averaging 83*f which is far too high. Ive tried adding frozen coke bottles but no joy they thaw out quickly and dont seem to have much effect. i was thinking about a chiller but would that mean i need a chiiler for each bucket? help.........

Hi

You could hook your chiller up to you system using rdwc. You may need a pump depending on the chiller you buy. It should be able to keep your system at 68F. Chillers unfortunately are quite expensive. I used 1 liter frozen bottles last time to. It worked for me but was a pain in the ass

Hey cult. I changed my bottles 2 times a day hence the pain in the ass issues. I have to admit that by adding the frozen bottles the quality and health of my plants was greatly improved. There is a DIY water chiller project here but I cant find the link. I was going to do the DIY chiller but I will probably just go buy myself a chiller and be done with it. Unfortunately Ill have to wait until my next grow to do it cuz the chiller I want is 450 bucks. Im going to do a 2 liter hempy sog grow 1st then go back to dwc permanently when I can afford the chiller. IMO DWC is the easiest way to go. Once you get everything dialed in its sooooooooooooo easy.

Good luck my friend

Edit: I didnt add the bottles directly in to the buckets tho. I had the buckets sit in plastic containers filled with water and added the bottles to that.

Another edit =]. Hey cult i just checked out your grow journals. 1st very nice work and tell your neighbor to f off and mind her own business. 2nd after seeing your work I'd defiantly recommend a chiller for you. To do the 1 liter frozen bottle method for cooling to so many plants will be a MAJOR pain in the ass. If you are committed to dwc (bubble buckets) it is worth the investment. Btw you can make a bubble bucket for about 15 bucks instead of paying retail.

you could try insulating the buckets.i sat mine on a sheet of insulation and wrapped them in that silver bubble wrap that they use for car window reflectors.

Back
Top Bottom