DWC seedling humidity

TripleCchronic

My grow tent humidity is around 50% RH and I cant seem to get it higher. For the seedli g stage I have read 60 - 70 RH is ideal. I got a plant dome to increase the humidity. The first one I got was a little large and kept tippong over causeing RH swings. The second smaller one seems to be doing the trick. It has gotten as high as 90% RH. Can this level of humidity urt the seedling and if so how? Im also conserned about oxygen starvation. I removed the dome to remove the DWC lid to get a pH PPM reading and there was a funny smell. What coukd this be. New grower and all advice appreciated.

50% RH is fine, not sure of your set up but I would leave the dome off maybe, for the smell check your water and root for crap. Air stone in water? pH reading? Are you using hydrogaurd or z7. Pictures are always nice a person can see more of what's going on.

Like 1ne eye said 50% is fine for seedlings, If it was clones then I would worry about upping the humidity, Since you are using a DWC system you will want to pay more attention to the root system below if it starts to smell sulfuric or rancid you should flush out your reservoir might be beginning of root rot remember white roots great, yellow roots shes ok but something starting to go wrong and brown roots you have root rot... hydroguard can help with preventing root rot and if in a pinch peroxide, but that could kill all bactirea good and bad might not be what you want to do if your growing using organics... Also more oxygen the better! :)

My pH has been flutuationg. It was at 8.1 so I used white vinegar as adviced by someone else until my pH doen comes in. Its now back up to 8.2. After using the vinigar the water is a little cloudy so I was worried about doing it again. Iv sonce read more about it and will be using it when Im done work. Yes I have an air stone and I cant see the root throught the bottom yet. As for hydroguard or z7 Im not sure what those are lol. This is my first grow. Im just useing General Hydroponics Flora Trio atm.

Attachments

• 20200127_134120.jpg
    20200127_134120.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 72
Well it seems that your roots haven't come out of the netpot yet, how far below is the water from the bottom of the netpot?
Also the ph is to high at 8, you should be shooting for 5.8, it doesn't have to be spot on all the time, just in that area, nutrients are taken up at different ph levels. I think the vinegar is what's causing your res to smell.
You'll need a ph pen and a ppm or ec pen for monitoring your res.

Well it seems that your roots haven't come out of the netpot yet, how far below is the water from the bottom of the netpot?
Also the ph is to high at 8, you should be shooting for 5.8, it doesn't have to be spot on all the time, just in that area, nutrients are taken up at different ph levels. I think the vinegar is what's causing your res to smell.
You'll need a ph pen and a ppm or ec pen for monitoring your res.
My water level is 1/2 way up my net pot. I do however have an pH pen and ppm pen and check the pH, ppm and reservoir temp every 12 hours. My only way of lowering pH atm is the vinigar as my pH up and down hasnt arrived yet.

Lower your water level to below the net pot like between half inch and a inch let the bubbles do the work make them roots reach for the water with water that high you will slow your root growth possibly drown the baby

Get you ph right between 5.5 and 6.1 that is the most important thing in dwc even go to a chain store and get a cheap ph kit NOW TODAY my experience with vinegar is causes more swings than I helps

Also the more air bubbles the better and less nutes needed seems like

Like every one says above, and pick up some pH up and pH down solution for adjusting your pH instead of vinegar. Vinegar is for French fries.lol

If you can get your hands on citric acid from a wine making store, that works good in keeping the ph down as well as baking soda for boosting up the ph,Cause really most store sold up ph have sodimbicarbinate and down ph citric acid in them. I've used both in my last DWC system grow with good results I didn't use hydroguard which is a res water stablizer with good bactirea it keeps the roots from forming root rot when you have a large root system established. My roots stayed nice and white, but I also kept my Rez water cool too. Oh and no funky smells! lol

Back
Top Bottom