Easy sprouting, start from seed

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
So much mystique about starting your family jewels.

Soaking in water with some sterilizing agent like hydrogen peroxide or a little common bleach for a couple of days will always get sprouts if the seeds are good.

Good seeds are symmetrical and dark, mottled, medium, smooth light grean and all sorts of colours.

The main thing is that they look plump and symmetrical and when you see it you know that you'll love it forever like the puppy your dad got you when he moved out. ;0)

Some say rough them up a bit with mild sandpaper before soaking but the biggest concern is tempurature and light.

Temp at 75F is fine with no light. Temp at 65F is fine with no light.

NO LIGHT!

Not critical but a warm, dark place for your seeds will get 'em up faster.

As soon as you see tails you best have a home for your girls, do you ?

Or boys as there is no way to tell at this point.

I just put 4 Chemo x Kings Cross seeds in 30mls RO water with 5 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide,(H2O2).

They're floating at the moment but I expect them to be on the bottom within the next 24 hours. All the last few batches did that. Out of 10 Kush seeds, 9 tailed and grew with seven girls.

Their stanky-danky offspring are fumigating the house.

I had some thrips on the Kali girls but they seem to have left after the Kush started up the real stinky stuff. I swear you're higher than a kite after 15 minutes in the flower room it's so fine.

We're tobacco addicts here so we save our butts and extract the nicotine for bug control.

With a diploma in chem I'm good for distillations and lots of other stuff related to getting along with folks and extracting essential oils. Infusing oils into other oils. Creating tinctures.

I'm waiting for the Kush to come of age so I might infuse some into some pure hemp oil and use it as an elixir to stop the joint pain that's been hurting my fly-casting for the last few years.

OVERGROW!

hey dude.. quick question.. in another thread( i vaguely remember which one) a fellow member on this site asked about using essential oils through a diffuser to neutralize the flower/harvest odor..

would you recommend it for odor neutralizing? would it affect the weed?

Back
Top Bottom