Are these seed buds ready?

Classtime

420 Member
Land Race Panama Red. Out door grow but I had some bud rot and thought it best to harvest early but leave these pollinated branches and then thought it best to dig it up and bring it indoors away from dew and coastal fog. Sprayed with hydrogen peroxide 2 weeks ago. Pollinated 6 weeks ago. I’ve been cutting and tossing the brown ones whose seeds are very light colored. Please advise.
9B7C3BCF-A49A-4515-BB3A-D645A5C96656.jpeg

Please advise.
On what part of your project. Overall I think you should take another photograph but closer to the plant. Try to hold the camera as still as possible. That should help make easier to see what is happening with the buds. I tried to enlarge your photo and it will not work. That is why I suggest another one. Only need one decent closeup photo is needed so sort through them and pick the best. If I can enlarge it for you I will try.

I’ve been cutting and tossing the brown ones whose seeds are very light colored. Please advise.
I would suggest keeping some of those light colored ones until you can prove to yourself that the darker colored seeds are actually healthier.

Take another photo of some small white seeds next to some of the darker ones. A side by side comparison might help some of the experienced seed people tell if there is any problem with the time-line of how fast the seeds are growing.

Personal opinion but I would cut off that branch near the bottom that is very pale colored. Once they start to look like that any buds on the branch do not continue to grow. That branch is pretty much done for.

when i ran them i let the plant run as long as possible just to ensure the seeds had been given every chance to mature. I’ve only done it once so i have little experience and will hold off on any advice and just learn with you what the other members think. :ganjamon:

Judging by the size of both the brown and lighter colored seeds in the photo in msg #5 they all look ripe enough to sprout and grow healthy plants.

It would not hurt to take an equal number of dark and light colored seeds and see how many of each sprout. That would give you the germination rate. If you have enough you could then toss them because you have your expected success rate when it is time to germinate for the actual grow.

Back
Top Bottom