Elevated Electric Costs

BlwnDroOn24s

I'm sure this has been asked before and I found a few threads related to it but never really found a direct answer.

If someone was growing say 30 plants in there home with good lights (not sure what that would be but I know they will be good lights) would the resulting jump in electric costs cause the electric company to worry? If so what would they do and what would the procedure for checking it out be? Also if anybody knows of any excuses that could explain the jump it would be helpful. Thanks!

You'll probably like this post I made not too long ago.......
You'll find electric costs based on wattage & hours used & how to convert your watts to amps so you don't overload any circuits. You should print this out if you're not already familiar with it. This info can keep you from burning down the house & an arrest to boot.

LINK- - - - - - - -> Electric Cost Conversion Table....:smokin:

Be safe and good luck, tell no-one about your grow...... except us.....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Akornpatch said:
General rule of thumb...you can run a 1000 watt light for every bedrom in the house without red flags being flown.

Yep

Sure, you could run one 1000W for each bedroom, but if there's NO snow on your roof when all the rest of your neighbors have snow....

I think more than a lot of finger pointing and questions will result.

And you don't have to worry about the cops...there are OTHER guys with guns looking for a grow op.

Four square meters covered by five 400Watt lamps will do SPECTACULAR.

*mr.mike* said:
Sure, you could run one 1000W for each bedroom, but if there's NO snow on your roof when all the rest of your neighbors have snow....

That wasn't the point...it's a useage/space relationship.

And if you don't have snow on your roof it's because your attic/roof insulation sucks. You could have 150 degree temps in there and still have snow on your roof...if you insulation is right.

A 400watts eats up about 13 to 15 dollars a month round here hehe. Ive read that it's equivalant to buying a big screen TV and watching it a while every day.

Sorry to interject here but its 12 to 20 square feet with a 1000w hid and reflector. It depends alot on the height the light sits.
remember that 12 square feet is only a 4 foot by 4 foot section.

1 400w HPS made my bill jump $10 a month.

Example if your paying 06. Per kilowatt hour:

A 1000 Watt bulb on 24 hours a day for 1 month will cost $43.20

Back
Top Bottom