Setting up new growroom

Tricks

Hello all, I'm a new grower, I have somewhat of a green-thumb growing flowers and veggies but haven't grown weed in years. I just started smoking again after many years of being sober because of on going health issues, I'm sick of what the pain meds do to my body and it is starting to cause a lot of problems, so I'm switching to a natural way, I still have to take meds, but not as many.

What I'd like to know is I have an extra bedroom but don't want to use the entire room, electric cost is an issue as well as being sure I don't put out a footprint. I would like to run two 600 Watt bulbs one an MH for Veg and a HPS for flower, to do this right I would need them on a timer, and I was thinking of using a tent for flower and the closet for veg. To do this would I be best running a filter from one to the other or do I have to have 2 filters? do vegging plants even stink?

I guess another option would be a tent that has separate chambers, but cost is an issue because I'm disabled, I heard of someone running a 400W system and they haven't noticed a big jump in electric cost, will the 2 600 cost me much more? I would go with LED, but I hear the science isn't there just yet, without knowing what you are doing...thanks for any help

i have my mother/veg room in a closet without a filter. veg plants do smell sometimes but mostly when rubbing or moving them about.

400w for veg will be fine depending on the space its used in, it'll also cost less to run than a 600

forget about LED's i'd get a PL tube unit or T5 if you wanted to lower your electric costs...

Is there a real difference between meds grown with a 400W VS a 600 I have herd it both was, one being you don't notice a difference until moving up to a 1000W..............Peace

difference, in what way??

Quality, yield, etc...thanks
PS. after talking with someone at a local shop they suggested what I had been thinking about, running a 400 for veg and a 600 for flower, I just have to be mindful of electric cost, living on SS, and heat footprint, but I think it takes a lt more than that to put out a footprint

If the light fits your space and is at OLH then the plants should recieve roughly the same lumens and light intenserty, so you'd hardly notice the difference.

but if you could get a 600 or 1000w as low as your 400watts OLH without heat issues you'd probably notice denser buds and higher yields depending on growroow size and the rest of your enviroment...

50/70 watts psf is a good rule of thumb...

Back
Top Bottom