End of flowering light cycle 10/14?

it can speed flower up a bit with little to no loss of production. it works for both indica and sativa but you'll notice the shorter flower time on long running sativas more than you would an indica.

i've ran some with 120 day flower times and it cut a good 2 wks or more out.
i'll maybe try a side by side next time so i can judge properly, ive a week of trimming coming up and will be plenty time to plan my next move lol

I've seen a few ppl talking about cutting the light cycle as far as 10 on 14 off the last couple weeks of the flowering phase and also turning down the light intensity, though it makes sense because that's what would happen in nature, but what my real question is, does it affect yield, the last couple of weeks are when they really fatten and harden up all for the sake of more terps? Has anyone tried this and been happy with the results, using less power for a couple of weeks would definitely be a bonus these days but not if it's at the expense of extra yield.
Well i did it for the last 3 weeks and most plants had no problems but just one pollinated itself bc of the stress so it also depends on the genetics

Well i did it for the last 3 weeks and most plants had no problems but just one pollinated itself bc of the stress so it also depends on the genetics
Three weeks is a bit long, I run perpetual grows so if I know a plant naturally finishes at 8 weeks I may cut DLI in week 6 and harvest at week 7. I loose around a 1/4oz per lb in yield by cutting it short. What strains were you running? Have you grown the strain previously to compare flower time and yield? curious how this works with Indica dom plants if that is what you were growing.

I have only ever had one feminized plant hermy with all the crazy light schedules I have tried. Mid flower I fed one branch into an18/6 "veg tent" with lights at 70%. Rest of the plant was normal but that one branch yield 1/2 oz and a dozen seeds. I don't think your hermy was from light stress as much as one seed with not so recessive, Y genetics. Mother nature finding a way.

Back
Top Bottom