Epilepsy

Interesting. When I first started having absence seizures,(I didn't know what the hell they were until much later.) the strong Sativa's from S. America that dominated the market in those days would set them off. Milder high quality Mexican weed didn't phase me.

I suspect your girlfriend is able to control her intake better through short joint hits,instead of being overwhelmed by the power of a big bong hit which kicks her into a seizure.

I'm on meds for Epilepsy,but on rare occassions I'll get the aura that proceeds my seizures if I oversmoke and/or the product is superpotent. The meds,knock on wood,suppress the seizures,but when I get that aura I go lie down until the peak of the high has passed.

It's still the sativa dom weeds that get me. Indicas and the hash made from them cause me no problem.

High everyone! I took my first seizures last year and was undergoing testing when this thread first came out so I waited. After suffering some life threatening seizures and winding up in hospitals and rescues across the State, I started smoking MMJ regularly. I have not had one episode while MMJ therapy is ongoing and advise anyone going thru this to try this treatment under your Dr's care and supervision.
I was arrested and held without bail on MMJ charges while 420% within limits and had several seizures in prison thank god they were in my cell. I think it simple and so does my Dr. Medical Marijuana has changed my life. The powers that be want to keep this a secret from the public at large. Upon my release on bail (home confinement) I asked to grow and smoke again and was given permission and since resuming MMJ therapy I have not had one siezure since March and wish all afflicted with this illness good luck.

Wow, it has been a while!

Tonic-Clonic seizures that Firestone referred to are the same thing as Grand Mal seizures. I have those along with Simple Partials. I also have anxiety and migraines at times which are associated with my epilepsy.

I recently had the privilege of trying a strain by the name of Blue Dream, and I must say it was awesome! I had no anxiety/paranoia at all with this sativa dominant strain, it actually seemed to relieve my tension but without putting me to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom