Eva Seeds Missing at Day 87

LatteBroker

Here we are at day 87, and this beast is still cranking along. She seems to be swelling more and more by the day, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this one go another 2 weeks. The buds are just fucking enormous. There are three main colas which are larger than a tennis ball container, and then a bunch of other big buds. It's a total fruity smell, oranges and grapes...sticky to the touch, and starting to get denser.

I got a really interesting pheno of this strain. The breeder puts the flowering time at 55 days, so I'm a full month past that. Also, the breeder even puts it right out there that homogeny doesn't arrive at 100%, which is basically a fancy way of saying that there are going to be some wacky versions of this plant. Safe to say, I got one of them. I think it's the long flowering haze/skunk that's in its ancestry.

I'll keep posting photos of this monster until harvest! I've never taken a plant this deep into flower (12+ weeks) so this is uncharted territory. I guess I just sit back and keep her happy, and try to be as patient as possible.

Thankfully I've got some Trainwreck, Caramelo and Pineapple Express to keep me happy.

The pics really don't do this plant justice:

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_58682.JPG

Pineapple Express after a 2 week cure:

IMG_58581.jpg

A bowl of Trainwreck:

IMG_58532.jpg

Re: Eva Seeds "Missing" at Day 87 -

those colas are HUGE! wow...

Re: Eva Seeds "Missing" at Day 87 -

those colas are HUGE! wow...

Thanks man, appreciate that. They're really something to stare at, as I find myself doing way too frequently.

Here we are at Day 90, and she actually seems to be ripening up pretty quickly now. I'm thinking that she may be ready in a week.

Check this little lady out:

photo-179.JPG

I thought this thread was gone and forgotten, so great to see it revived.

I harvested the Missing about 5 days after those last photos were taken. Such a weird strain, but dealing with it taught me a lot about growing, in that it was the first time in my (albeit short) time growing that everything didn't go smoothly, and I actually had to figure out what the hell was wrong and try to fix it. Everything about that plant was different than what I was told to expect from the breeder's description, including the fact that it went nearly 2x as long as the suggested flowering time, and didn't even start flowering for 3 weeks after the other 3 strains I was growing. Definitely taught me a great deal of patience, if nothing else. It basically just kept going and going and going.

The harvest was solid by my standards, a good 6oz dried...it would have been closer to a half lb if the buds were denser, but they turned out a little airier than I'd hoped. Unfortunately, I had to go out of town right when I took them down (unplanned trip), so I had my brother keep an eye on them as they dried, and I think he let them hang dry for about a day longer than they should have, and while they were still able to get a decent cure, I would have wanted them to go into the jars with a little more moisture than they did. That said, after 2 months of curing, the buds are stony as hell, have a sweet smell like oranges/peaches/fruit, and are seriously the hairiest buds I've ever smoked with pretty nice crystallization all over the buds. Just a little airier/drier than I would have wanted, especially when I compare them to the trainwreck, pineapple express and caramelo that I grew alongside her. All three of those turned out pretty much perfect, especially the TW and the PE. After nearly 3 months of curing, the TW and PE are just ungodly stony and stinky. The caramelo is too, but it's a spicier/potpourri smell that I don't prefer to the skunk or fruit smells/tastes. Just a matter of preference though.

Just switched over to 12/12 on 4 new strains, so I'll try to post some pics as they come along. Got the Delahaze, Buddha Tahoe (HUGE LEAVES), Dinafem Cheese and Chocolope going at the moment. Also, headed to Amsterdam on Wednesday, and can't wait to try some of these strains out at the coffee houses to compare to what I've grown. Will be really interesting.

Let me know if you have any ?'s on the grow. Thanks for tuning in and checking it out.

Back
Top Bottom