Ever seen a plant grow like this?

WildRosebud

Hey folk's I got this odd Pheno out of my Early Wonder Skunks... Has anyone seen this before? I know it has Ruderalis dominance but I have never seen Rudes grow like this before even Landrace Rudes!?! Anyone one else see this before? I am keeping it to see what comes of it.

IMAG15931.jpg

looks like there is a problem from what im seeing the leaf is over curling looks like its a mg problem but i really cant put my finget on it good luck and keep me updated im curious.

Hi Tommy thanks for the reply! I did some soil testing today the PH is at 6.8 , low moisture but consistent and tested the fertility and the soil is dead no nutrients in it at all. But this plant been growing like this since it was a sprout. I put it in the greenhouse last night to see if it was cus the roots were hot but it still did not open up. I will get some calcium magnesium and see how it turns out thanks for the idea! Oh and I have a updated picture of it.

yes i use the calmagic i think thats what its called from general hydroponics but as u probally know there are many other brands.. if your doing soil you should ask the soil guys on here they know some awesome compost teas to make. i dont use tea but i do use liquid karma by botanacare i think it does wonders to stressed plants. but yeah let me know what you come up with cause i think ima try soil soon myself...ps if i remember correctly i think you may want the ph a little lower perhaps 6.5... anyhow hope that helps good luck

Ya I can't use that low of PH it does not fair well for these plants in dirt. I am going to call this little plant Clover cus it looks a lot like 3 leaf clover lol... It is extremely healthy and bushing out beautifully now :) I gave it some nutes with calcium in it. Haha you wanna try dirt? Always work with Neutral PH with Dirt going less than 6.6 seems to lock nutrients and stops growth on these strains for some reason with Chunkalate as a exception she like 6.5 but she balanced it out herself... I am a noob with Cannabis but never once did I have a scrag like this and I love it it is becoming one of my more impressive plants lol. Cheers Mr Tommy!

Alright Tommy I figured out what the problem is. Each leaf has a center vein but no skeletal veins in the leaf and no pattern. Even on new branching new vegetation all has this flaw. So would that be a genetics flaw? A strange pheno?

It is as if this plant does not want to veg at all it just keeps growing like a flowering plant without showing sex... My Brendas do not require a veg stage either but at least they veg to 8 or 9 nodes before they self sex. I am thinking maybe the 18/6 hours needs to be cut back to 16/8 and that might trigger my purer strains to flower. I am seeing the difference in auto's now. I think if I get the chance I will make a feminized Brenda batch by growing a female far past her prime till she pops balls and self prego's in desperation. I will save the extra pollen to make feminized auto varieties.

do you only breed auto ruderal strains? if so why

I kind of tinker with what ever I got kicking around. I am just on a Ruderalis kick and the seed bank is encouraging me to make auto crosses as their is a major lack of autos on our reliable market here. Our season is only 2 1/2 months outdoor here as well.

I have a set back... Seems the landlord is tossing 24 hour inspection notices frequently so I toned it down. I have to put a few projects on hold now one being the Lowryder start. I managed to breed my brendas but that is about it. I did save and store some pollen from a Brenda so I have a 6 month window to get that auto project done. It will be frustrating because I sort of want to cross them back and forth till I get it fairly stable. The brenda I just harvested made several seeds I will save them for a future project. I am thinking of growing one out and letting it pop balls or make some colloidal silver and force some female flowers to male and save the pollen and make some feminized auto's. I think I might just do the spray it is much easier and I can still get some bud out of them by selective spraying. I saved the Ruderalis Dominant Early Wonder Skunk. It still will not sex it is odd. Soon I hope!

i wonder how the buds will grow if the leaves look like that

I am eager to find out. It might be sexing at the moment so I might know within a few days. I bet it is a boy. I have to talk to Vancouver seed bank about this it seems the genetics for Early Wonder Skunk are not stable this batch I think they need to refresh the strain.

I assumed correct , he popped small balls today they are still developing and far from being mature (5-7 more days forem to pop , drop and open) I do not want to contaminate my garden so I put him outside for now. Waiting 2 days to see how the magnesium works see if it opens the leaves up a bit them I will flush him for a day or two and chop him down. My Northern Lights is starting to show balls , this is good I need a male Northern Lights the genetics is so beefy and it will make a awesome auto cross. I kinda hope my Chunkolate shows flowers she is one I want to cross with Brenda so bad to make auto chocolate mmmmmm Frappacino flavor auto buds! If it is female I will use coloidal silver and make some feminized Chunkolate pollen for future crosses. Yes auto crosses for that one too. That is my job , making automatic strains. I can tell what is stronger than what in short growth stages and what dominates what but my 2 freak plants were astonishing mutants that I never seen anything like them before. The other mutant that I did not feature looks like a pot plant now it grew out of it's mutation. @isolethis thanks! I will be testing some beta strains for germination and growth in adverse grow environments for certain breeders again soon. They tend to send me less viable seeds to test out if the older batches or new untested strains are stable and consistent. Some breeder send me seeds just because I grow totally opposite style of them to see how their personal strains stand up to different conditions altogether for example strains that were bred entirely Hydro or aero for a bunch of years , they need to test soil viability and it is cheaper to send joe blow dirt seeds and test them than to start a whole new grow experiment that takes up vital grow room space. I am gonna check out your profile now n snoop at your projects hehe CHEERS!

It is hardening in the semi open greenhouse and puffing up a bit the leaves are still tubes though lol... We are experiencing May winds still and they are brutal on my plants even though they have some protection. 4 EWS outside and the nights are dropping to 8 celsius and they keep high fiving so wewt these lil bastards are tough! Miniature though.... They are perking up they seem to like the shitty conditions. The wind did do a number on some leaves of the Rude Tube Clover. They have no skeletal structure I am thinking it is dudly.

I spent the entire morning and afternoon at the greenhouses today it was awesome , spent $300 on flowers and veggies! Hate goin over budget but hey I am going to have a fantastic summer now! I got 4 Cleomes , they help keep dogs , cats and deer among other animal pests away from my gardens. I got a couple Squash plants heirloom variety , couple lemon tomatoes , a black cherry petunia that I am going to force train to grow like a supertunia or wave petunia , a couple cauliflower and a couple cucumbers. Just a few days ago I went to my plot and planted Alto Globe Radishes , Easter Egg blend Radishes , Spanish Black Radishes , Mescalin Mix Lettuce , Leaf Lettuce , Rainbow Chard , Green Onions and Kincho Scallions. Some should pop up in a week or so. Tonight is full moon so I can not put live plants outside till tomorrow also the temperatures outside dropped and the wind is destructive and freezing cold. My petunias will be alright and the tomato plant I have on my balcony will be alright they are already hardened and petunias can freeze solid and grow the next day like nothing happened. In a few days I will have more flowers arriving to dress up my balcony. I am hoping to see a wide variety of bees this year and provide them with plenty of flowers to help. I am having the time of my life here , I love gardening so much especially outside! Nothing beats mother nature but darn this indoor fiddling with dirt that has nothing in it is pretty interesting too lol....

I learned everything there is too know about lighting 20 years ago with the exception of LED's. So far all I know about those is they use red and blue lights and they are difficult to rate accurate Lumens. I am attracted to the low heat though. Even 3000 Lumen 45 watt CFL produce significant heat. Also with my current living arrangements I am limited to my means of building a permanent environmentally sound grow room since I have to juggle them around a lot. Looking to get a more permanent dwelling. I put in a application to get my grower license wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom