Ever Wonder?

Koolbudz

Wonder what little thing you could do that might increase growth and just make for a better environment for your plants?

I do it all the time and so I look and read and see all the same old stuff which some helps yet some doesnt and some you have to add your own twist.

Now most know temp, humidity, light cycle, base nutrients etc. More on to temperature, I was thinking because people talk about plants in pots outside and pot color making root zone too hot and or too cold, but what about in your indoor grow?

My grow is in a cold room with no heat (during winter), in a hot room with no AC (during summer) in a tent (which has ac, heat, humidity adjustment (up/down). I keep everything inline watching my VPD etc., but was thinking what about my soil root zone temperatures..... I know Hydro people monitor their temps but what about soil people..... I got to thinking, my room has a crawl space under it about 1 ft above ground and currently the floor temp is 65 right next to the tent with tent indoor temp at 75, at night my temp drops to 69/70 but I bet that floor drops even more !!! I am betting at night my root zone is getting cold and slowing things up and possibly diminishing returns... I mean I am not doing bad (I was counting on 2oz of quality per plant and I will likely easily have it, but I know I have better in me with all the knowledge I have and am gathering.

So after I rambled a little any soil people ever check their soil temps?

Yup. I use a digital meat thermometer.
Keep it above 64°f. Processes slow and the plant can't take up mag.
If you have plastic pots just take a reading through the drainage holes right when lights come on.

Back
Top Bottom