Excess condensation

greenhouse2

HELP!!!I am two weeks into first greenhouse grow,and there seems to be a lot of condensation on the walls of my greenhouse.I need to know if this is normal or is there anything i can do to reduce this,and is it harmful to the seedlings??

i hope you have more than seedlings at this point of the north american summer - how do the seedlings like it? thats all that really matters! what latitude are ya at?

How big is the greenhouse?

Can you put in an exhaust fan on one side and a passive air intake on the other?

as long as air flows through the greenhouse the condensation will be removed during the day and if the intake/exhaust ports can be closed at night that will reduce the condensation buildup. I wouldn't worry so much about the buildup as long as it can be removed in the day, and as the season progresses the humidity is going to go down anyway.

Any chance of seeing a pic of the greenhouse, I would like to get a greenhouse going using natural light, but the state I live in is always last to do something "good for the people"

hey guys thanks for getting back to me,and thanks for the advice,i live in ireland,i have 11 plants on the go 3 of which are autoflowers.I am having trouble with my digital camera but wil have pics on asap.

the weather here is very humid at the moment,i am on the west coast of ireland,but they seem to be thriving in their new home

the weather here is very humid at the moment,i am on the west coast of ireland,but they seem to be thriving in their new home

Ireland is a beautiful place to be sure! All over the planet this year there has been a lot of problems with excess water vapor in the atmosphere due to all the heavy rain and flooding all over the place. Huge snow packs up here in the Sierra Nevada where I live that added over 100% to our normal snow melt levels!

All that extra water has got to go somewhere, and it ends up evaporating into the atmosphere and circulating far from where it started!

Glad the plants are doing well in spite of the high humidity/dew point issues.

You might want to get yourself a little personal weather station with DewPoint for your grow room. Many have wireless temp sensors you can put in the grow room and a base station that can sit next to your armchair or night stand. That way, you can keep a constant eye on the conditions in your grow room!

:thumb:

yeah that is true,we had a very hard winter last 2 years,regular plants didnt start growing till late may.Although i have them in greenhouse i am hoping for a late summer to keep off the mould during budding.Are you at a high alt?do u find it increases thc production?

Back
Top Bottom