Exhaust fans

Slimn2gr8eD

Alright so I grow in a 32"x32"x63" tent and at times it can get pretty warm in there and I have a can fan max pro series 6" 420 cfm inside my tent attached to my carbon filter and about 12'-13' away from it I also have a ipower 6" fan that 440 cfm. Now would it be better if they were a lot closer together? Cause the can fan max is blowing the air out of the tent towards the ipower fan and it's sucking the air from the can fan max and blowing it outta the end of my 6" insulated air duct. Oh and I have a 6" duct booster as my intake fan. But should I kick the ipower to the side and get another can fan max 6" and put them close together? Although I did read somewhere o think that you can put two of those fans alike facing each other or something like that and it'll cause them to work with one another and achieve better suction or something but I might be wrong or have miss read that but any ideas or suggestions are welcome from any and evry1. I have speed controls for them too and I've tried to slow on down and keep the other at full blast but not much of any luck

You are looking for negative pressure. From your description I don't really understand what you are saying. A pic would go a long way. Your tent is small. 6" duct fans are more than plenty. Stupid question, but not so stupid that I haven't done it. Are your fans blowing the right way?

So you have 2 - 6" fans on the same outlet? 2 fans on the same line doesn't move twice as much air as they are both running at the same speed. There's going to be some increase because 2 fans will give you more power and be able to pull more air thru the filter which is not really a good thing because then the carbon won't have time to absorb the stink.

If one fan at half speed won't cool a smallish tent like that you have other issues like your intake air is too warm or the fan isn't moving hardly any air for some reason. You only have about 45cf in that tent so at only 200cfm you are exchanging the air 4x a minute and that's lots. The 6" duct fan on the intake is not doing anything so I'd not use it.

I have really cool intake air so my fan doesn't even come on very often with a 1000W HPS running. It has a heat/RH and speed controller to run it.

:peace:

I have the same tent and fan. I don't use an intake fan I've always felt like that was counterproductive.

I had to turn my central air conditioning down to get my room temperature to 76 in order to keep my plants under 83 degrees.

Everyone's circumstances are different. I'm using LED lights and humidity in my house is around 55%.

The 6in filter and fan are more than enough for that small tent as old Med user stated.

Try to keep any heat sources out of your tent if possible. light ballasts, pumps. My only exception is my fan motor is in my tent to try to reduce the noise.

In the Heat of our Southern Summers I found it helpful to use a box fan to draw air from my hallway into the grow room in addition I had to trim one inch off the door bottem to allow circulation.

How often are carbon filters suppose to be replaced? Because now that I think about it that could be my issue possibly...and my one light I modified from just basically a fixture to having cobs on it kinda puts off a lil bit of heat compared to my ps mini but it is running higher power led chips than the mini
420-magazine-mobile947438517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom