Light - Starting with one 100w CFL, going to upgrade to about 5

Soil- MiracleGro organic to start off

Water - Distilled

Co2 - Clip on oscillating fan

Seeds - From highgrade-seeds.com 3x Nepalese Purple, 3x Black Afghan

Temp - 70-75

Humidity - N/A

Nutes - In a few weeks going to make new soil and transplant the babies
I have miraclegro organic plant food, bougain premium bloom boost (6-8-10), and perlite

Planted 11/8/11, Sprouted 11/9/11

Hoping for a successful grow! All tips appreciated

-Preme :adore:

Re: Exotic CFL Indoor Rookie Grow :thumb:

Pics Coming Soon

Welcome to :420: I will tag along and help as much as I can. A few things before you start. Be as descriptive as possible. It will help when trying to ask for help diagnosing problems. Keep up-to-date with pics and details to keep people interested. Everyone loves pictures.

Are the seeds fem?

Can't wait to see some pics of what you got going on! :welcome::thumb:

Day 1 of Sprouting, 11/9/11
IMG-20111109-00014.jpg

Still Day 1 Starting Setup
IMG-20111109-00015.jpg

Day 1 Peek-a-Boo
IMG-20111109-00017.jpg

Day 2 Some decent growth
IMG-20111110-00018.jpg

Day 2 later On
IMG-20111110-00019.jpg

Day 3
IMG-20111110-00025.jpg

Day 3
IMG-20111111-00028.jpg

Day 3
IMG-20111111-00029.jpg

Current Setup
IMG-20111111-00031.jpg

I know i have to transplant and add some lighting very soon, but when?

Nice.. i wish i could have sprouted my own instead of buying clones...that looks fun..my next journal will be from seeds. I wish i could help ya on when to transplant but i havent delt with seeds yet. Ill bump your journal for ya, theres alot of people here who been doing this a while. Patience is the key, this place is like hogwarts..help will be given to those who ask for it...ok im medicated but welcome and im sure youll find help on that soon

Nice.. i wish i could have sprouted my own instead of buying clones...that looks fun..my next journal will be from seeds. I wish i could help ya on when to transplant but i havent delt with seeds yet. Ill bump your journal for ya, theres alot of people here who been doing this a while. Patience is the key, this place is like hogwarts..help will be given to those who ask for it...ok im medicated but welcome and im sure youll find help on that soon

haha thanks man

Since they are that close to each other I would transplant within the next 2-3 days if not sooner. At that stage root development is key and you will wanna prevent root tangle as that will hinder the growth of your plants. Transplant to individual pots ASAP.:thumb:

Other than that, They look very very healthy.

Since they are that close to each other I would transplant within the next 2-3 days if not sooner. At that stage root development is key and you will wanna prevent root tangle as that will hinder the growth of your plants. Transplant to individual pots ASAP.:thumb:

Other than that, They look very very healthy.

Im going to transfer tomorrow and give a 100w cfl for every two plants. Is there any transplant guide you can give me? I know its a straightforward process but i dont want to f*** up my roots. :peace:

Well I would first suggest starting them in 16oz party cups if you have no means of getting like Rapid rooter starter plugs. I wouldn't suggest starting seeds in the same pot cause you risk tangles. so next time, Buy some cups and let them go in those for a couple weeks then you can move them to whatever size pot you decide you use. I would suggest anything over 3 Gal 3-5Gal if you have the space. 1Gal pot will reduce your overall yield.

Since you are at this stage now where plants are altogether, make sure to dig out enough around each plant trying not to disturb the roots. I would suggest move them to 1gal for now and upgrade again in the next 3-4weeks.

Hey stoners and growers, the morning of day 4 and theres been some more growth. Ill be upgrading my grow space later on, stay tuned for pics

Does anyone know how much a soil pH is and if I can get it at home Depot?
:blunt:

You can get a soil/moisture/Light meter from Home depot for like 6-8 bucks. It isn't the most accurate thing in the world but it helps. At least in the moisture area. The Ph is off a little. But you can always compare that Ph reading to the soil and Ph the runoff and average them up.

Due to space constraints i planted the two smallest outside just to see what happens.
Ok...Transferred into individual 1 gallon pots, into a big plastic tub, lined with foil and oscillating fan. Temp at about 75.

Plants have started the second set of leaves and seem to be happy in their new home. The transfer was kind of scar cuz the roots were more tangled than i thought, but the babies survived

Going to Flower in about 3 weeks...hoping for some healthy growth!

New Setup
day_4_new_setup.jpg

I'll post some new growth pics soon

Here are the two Black Afghans, day 5.
PLant 1
afgan_1.jpg

Plant 2
afghan_2.jpg

Heres the Nepalese purple, day 5.
Plant 1
nepalese_1.jpg

Plant 2
nepalese_2.jpg

All currently under 100w CFLs (cant remember the spectrums)
How long will this lighting hold me off? :peace:

Well as long as each plant has 2-3k Lumens they should be fine but you know the more the better.

Glad you transplanted as soon as you did. that would have been quite complicated if you water. You should see things pick up in the next few weeks

Its Day 9 and the plants seem happy
Will be transplanting to home depot bucket and getting more lights after thanksgiving. --

Afghan and Nepalese -- Somewhere between 6 and 9 days..
9th_day.jpg

IMG-20111118-00067.jpg

IMG-20111118-00068.jpg

IMG-20111118-00070.jpg

IMG-20111118-00074.jpg

img-20111118-00076.332019

I got a book called Closet cultivator by ed rosenthal. like 5 bucks on amazon...good read. Feedback appreciated :peace: :love: :blunt:

Wow for some reason the pics didn't upload...I have been out of town for the holidays but the plants are huge now. i will post some new pics tonight... I'm transferring them to their final home soon and i want to know if you guys think i could start using nutes....

Back
Top Bottom