F.F Ocean Forest: Can I add stuff?

Tarek N

Hello I just purchased fox Farms ocean forest super soil. I know its supposed to be complete and that you just water..... how true is that? I mean I have Rapid Start, Silica..... I'm quite sure those aren't in there. Tell me please what I can and can't do with Ocean Forest soil Thank you

Hi Tarek! FF Ocean Forest is not a water only supersoil. It can be turned into a supersoil by adding a bunch of mineral amendments to it and then composting it for 3 months, but as it comes out of the bag it is just a good rich organic soil that if need be, could supply what the plants need for the first 4 weeks or so, if you like small plants. After that, or if you want to grow a plant of some size, you will have to use external fertilizers.

Hi Emilya But how much do I adjust the fertilizer? Should I still add the stuff I do? I'm pretty new 2nd grow...... I add humates, budjuice micro, flora grow, silica, rapid start, and molasses. I'm looking for a good organic bloom fert- I used monster bloom before. Is all that still ok? Any advice helps

Hi Emilya But how much do I adjust the fertilizer? Should I still add the stuff I do? I'm pretty new 2nd grow...... I add humates, budjuice micro, flora grow, silica, rapid start, and molasses. I'm looking for a good organic bloom fert- I used monster bloom before. Is all that still ok? Any advice helps
As a new grower, or even me as an old grower, I would not feel comfortable adjusting any nutrient line for my own use. My recommendation is to not try to wing it, and pick a nutrient line that has a good feeding chart, and follow it. I can't advise you how to use all that extra stuff because I don't use that extra stuff, and I would never guess. As far as an all around organic nute, I suggest the Geoflora Nutrient line... it is about as easy as organics get... use any soil, apply the stuff every 2 weeks, and the grow takes care of itself. There is no guessing... no multiple applications of things that may or may not help.

hard to beat an engineered system... my buddy wanted to boost his imported ride, new super high performance chips and electronic gizmo pack.... he jacked the fuel injector inputs to burn richer mix, tweaked the turbo settings too. Sounded sweet and when he returned from his short test ride the manifold was glowing red, temp was 700 degrees... sadly the new $3000 upgrade cost him new engine too.

Back
Top Bottom