Ocean Forest for seedlings?

I dunno ive heard ffof is hot for seedlings also but
I had an unknown seed pop in my mothers pot in ffof and its now in a cup with ffof
and it looks great all I do is give it tap water when its dry

Hey CHH

I am not saying it won't grow plants... I have done it too.

I will never do it again and if I am going to give advice to a person that paid good money for genetics it will be not to use it...ever

Do you advise this person to use Ocean Forest to germinate?

i use rockwool cubes to germinate the seed but i have put the seed straight into the soil without issue.i find the rockwool gives me higher germination rates.

i encourage the op to read and find out what are others are doing and come to a decision. my methods arent the only way just something
thats worked countless times for me.alot of people like to germ there seeds on a paper towel then transfer to the medium it doent work for me i usually fudge the roots up.i drop seed in rockwool pointy end down moisten and wait.usually i wait to see roots busting out the cube then they go straight into ocean forest!

Hey CHH

I am not saying it won't grow plants... I have done it too.

I will never do it again and if I am going to give advice to a person that paid good money for genetics it will be not to use it...ever

Do you advise this person to use Ocean Forest to germinate?

actually no I don't I keep hearing its hot this was just some random seed I don't remember or know where it came from it just sprouted in my mothers pot mother was a clone so I know it can handle the ffof and basically only use it on clones for mothers or clones I have a hard time tossing out cause I don't need it :rofl:
but since it sprouted in there and looked ok I just threw it in a cup with more ffof since I didn't have money to buy anything else and I already had it
id actually use something weaker than ffof for seedlings theres a soil here they sell at a shop called victory soil I think kinda weak stuff
my first og mother I had in that soil I kept having to feed it nutes lol

yea I don't mean to confuse KaBloom Sorry

you can do it in a paper towel and get it in the rockwool or rooting plug low stress
just split it open and drop it in facing the right way :thumb:

edit

I started with rockwool when I did that I tied it shut with floss
im using rooting plugs now and I use toothpicks to hold it shut

Hey I'm a first time grower and my buddy suggested FFOF as a grow medium. I flushed my soil quite a few times with distilled water . I tested the runoff from first flush and I was at 4 EC and pH was 6.5 ish, so I flushed the soil until I got 0.1 EC on run off . From what I've read 4EC is high for sesdlings

Back
Top Bottom