Seedling first leaves color

sf415guy

420 Member
Hi and thanks for reading. I germinated some seeds, one ethos Grandpa stash, and another a random bag seed. After germinating I planted them directly into foxfarm Ocean Forest. I've heard mixed reviews about the soil. A lot of people claim they have no problems planting the seed directly in the soil. A lot of people say it's too hot. I've had problems getting seedlings going with starter soil so I decided to just plant directly into Ocean Forest. The first set of leaves coming in on one seems to be darkest purple, the second set of baby leaves coming out on the other seems to be purplish as well. Would anybody have any clue as to why this might be happening? I don't think it can be nutrients because it's Ocean Forest, plenty of nutes there. I know that I have not been overwatering or underwatering. Do you guys think it's too hot? Photos of both seedlings attached

20230424_183230.jpg

20230424_182923.jpg

The first set of leaves coming in on one seems to be darkest purple, the second set of baby leaves coming out on the other seems to be purplish as well. Would anybody have any clue as to why this might be happening?
The first one looks like it was not getting enough light. If so, that should fix itself in a day or so. The second one, well.....it does not look like anything going wrong there. Nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening. By the looks of it wait several more days and take another photo. One photo of each and post them the same way so we can see if the yellow cotyledon plant improved and the second photo so we can see if the other seedling changed.

Back
Top Bottom