Soil question

George Mc

I tried to buy some Fox Farm ocean forest soil today and the dude said they were out and was hard to get some more because there was probably a huge purchase from somebody like Home Depot which took away all the stock. Anyway I ended up purchasing this soil in the picture, he said it was very similar to Ocean Forest without as much nitrogen. Someone please tell me I made a good purchase or a bad purchase.
20190406_153927.jpg

There's not any NPK listed. Apparently it's cocoa, which I know nothing about or how to use. If I can use it like Fox Farm ocean Forest and water it and feed it when the pot gets light then I'll be good to go. But their website says it can be watered between once and 6 times a day. Which I personally don't want to have to water my plants everyday. I know I'm not supposed to put websites but here is the link to the product

royalgoldcoco.com/soils/royal-gold/tupur-pid-3

I just read a thread on this forum about Coco. That it's drain to waste and should be watered everyday so I will not be using this product because I don't want to do that. I'll see if I can return this product and get something else. They had some bags of promix and some other stuff which I didn't recognize. I should have taken pictures of it all so I could reference it but I didn't like a fool. Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday.

I should have went shopping for the ocean Forest before now but I assumed they would just have it on the Shelf. I guess that's what I get for thinking. I already have my seed started germinating so I'm going to need something tomorrow or Monday in case they show Taproot

Yeah don't worry about it
If you're a dutiful grower and check on your plants daily, coco is an amazing medium to grow in
You do have to water/feed it daily to about 10% runoff
It drains beautifully, you'll never drown your roots in coco
It has a suburb ability to hold oxegan
Also, it's ability to be flushed if you're erred is a godsend
I think you'll like it

If you're a dutiful grower and check on your plants daily, coco is an amazing medium to grow in
I think you'll like it
Thank you guys for the reply. I like checking on my girls every day but I just don't want to put the time into it to have to fill jugs aerate them water them phm do all of that stuff everyday. Maybe in the future I will but not now. I'm going to see if I can return the Coco and get some soil based product.

There's not any NPK listed. Apparently it's cocoa, which I know nothing about or how to use. If I can use it like Fox Farm ocean Forest and water it and feed it when the pot gets light then I'll be good to go. But their website says it can be watered between once and 6 times a day. Which I personally don't want to have to water my plants everyday. I know I'm not supposed to put websites but here is the link to the product

royalgoldcoco.com/soils/royal-gold/tupur-pid-3
Probably treat it like promix hp maybe ? Add some perlite and treat it like coco. If you add enough perlite . In coco they say feed it daily you are charging the medium and then the coco takes it and next day . You can go feed feed feed to run off . Or we can try to treat it like soil . But have you tried to google the company and see what they say ?

I just read a thread on this forum about Coco. That it's drain to waste and should be watered everyday so I will not be using this product because I don't want to do that. I'll see if I can return this product and get something else. They had some bags of promix and some other stuff which I didn't recognize. I should have taken pictures of it all so I could reference it but I didn't like a fool. Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday.
I am in coco right now way more forgiving then soil and faster growth .

I think you'll like it
Drains way faster then soil that’s for dang sure lol

Back
Top Bottom