Fan Leaves

gloman

High!
I have a couple pounds of very dry fan leaves.
Is there a simple way to get the good stuff out of them without leaching ALL the waxes & other garbage?
I use everclear for my extractions of buds & trims, but I'm not aware if there are Trich's full of yummy honey on the leaves like there are on the buds.
Is it even worth my time to try? It takes almost 2oz's for a batch of brownies. (well, the way I like them anyway)
I don't like to have to eat more than one, as I am diabetic, but I want one to get me baked.
Anyway, back on the subject, lol.
I know there is THC & CBD'S etc. in there, but I'd like them out and made into capsules without the trash.
Any suggestions would be appretiated
:thanks: :peace: :420:

OK, well, here's what I've been up to. I extracted Everything out of about 2 1/2 oz. fan leaves. I got a Lot of deep dark black/green nasty oil that tasted very bad. Too bad to even put in capsuals.
The only thing I could come up with that gets rid of a LOT of the trash and straightens the taste right out is to dissolve the oil in butter & coconut oil, then pour it into a pot of simmering distilled water and stir it up real good. Pour it off into a container to put in the fridge.
Collect your butter in the usual fashon and enjoy. Your butter will be VERY potent now. Watch it! lol peace

Thank You
J189RFC ,

I like your recipe for the butter, and agree, you get better results if you do not "boil" (over heat) the butter.
I've read about the benefits of using lecithin, and never been able to get it to dissolve in just butter.
I see you recommend putting it in with the water along with the butter and weed. Does this method allow the lecithin to bond with the butter and weed oils or is it washed out with the water? Before I try again, I'd like to be sure.

The last butter I made was from some super nasty oil I made with rubbing alcohol and I guess I didn't get all the IPA out of it, which gave it a real bad bitter taste, not to mention it was poison.
I guess it was a no brainer for most, but I struggeled figuring out how to save it. lol
Made butter out of it and it is so strong, I melt the butter, suck it up in a big syringe and as it cools I squirt it into gel caps and put in the freezer. 2 caps & oh boy, i'm off & runnin. lol
Butter is a very nice way to incorporate the benefits of weed into your food, however, I just am too fat to be eating all these baked goods. lol So I try to find ways to concentrate it down to a pill form when possible. I still get my share of brownies & everything else, but I have to watch my dainty figure! LMFAO!

4 oz of dried crushed fan leaves, to 7 sticks of unsalted butter.

Place dried material in large crock pot with enough tap water to cover and float....(mine is about 2" from top and about 10" diameter pot)
cover with lid and heat on high stirring and add water as needed to keep fluidy.
Once product sinks and no longer floats (will take several hrs) add the 7 sticks of butter....one stick overall will be lost in water and other solids, wastes.

Again stir as needed until plant material sinks (again it can take several hrs)....it is now done.

Set aside to cool, then place in fridge 24hrs to get solid.

Remove solid butter patty and gently scrape underside of plant material off....place butter in large bowl and microwave to liquid, strain though fine mesh sieve or hand held fine mesh skimmer or cheese cloth pressing to get all the butter out as possible etc..(throw away the cooked herb, it is now trash)

Freeze and use as needed.

A 1/2 Cup of this med butter in any recipe will make you FEEL your meds.
I make brownies from a box top recipe using 9x13x2 glass pan and cut that into 36 pieces...one is all you need, 3 and it's lights out.

Hey Heady,
I really like your method, in fact I'm cooking a batch right now.
Some place, I was reading where somebody puts Lecithin in the water with the butter and weed. This confuses me. Wouldn't the water trap all the Lecithin, keeping it away from the butter? I'm fairly new with using the lecithin, and to tell you the truth, I've had trouble getting it to dissolve,,,,,,maybe cuz I'm NOT putting water in with it?
Anybody know for sure?
I'm Sure having Lecithin in with the butter makes it more available to the body, thus Better Butter.
Also, Thanks for clearifying for me that we DO lose some of the butter due to water and solids. lol I've been squeezing and squeezing my batches and always coming up short. I'm glad it's not just me
Thanks Again

PEACE, LOVE AND HEALTH TO EVERYONE!

I've always enjoyed butter without it so far too, but I'm always open to the possibility of improvement.

4 oz of dried crushed fan leaves, to 7 sticks of unsalted butter.

Place dried material in large crock pot with enough tap water to cover and float....(mine is about 2" from top and about 10" diameter pot)
cover with lid and heat on high stirring and add water as needed to keep fluidy.
Once product sinks and no longer floats (will take several hrs) add the 7 sticks of butter....one stick overall will be lost in water and other solids, wastes.

Again stir as needed until plant material sinks (again it can take several hrs)....it is now done.

Set aside to cool, then place in fridge 24hrs to get solid.

Remove solid butter patty and gently scrape underside of plant material off....place butter in large bowl and microwave to liquid, strain though fine mesh sieve or hand held fine mesh skimmer or cheese cloth pressing to get all the butter out as possible etc..(throw away the cooked herb, it is now trash)

Freeze and use as needed.

A 1/2 Cup of this med butter in any recipe will make you FEEL your meds.
I make brownies from a box top recipe using 9x13x2 glass pan and cut that into 36 pieces...one is all you need, 3 and it's lights out.

Thanks Gloman for the info and also George and J18 for their recipes! this is keeper info and cannot wait to make butter from all my leaves!

:yummy:

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom