Using fan leaves with Everclear

Thanks. I have seen various lengths of time used and I just have a bunch of time so I decided on a week in the ETOH. However a couple of hours sounds good to me........
Search Rick Simpson oil or RSO/cannabis. I've see as little as a few minutes and up to days.

Some thoughts.
After my last grow with Green Gelato I took Fan leaves I collected and ground up 100 gm and mixed with a bottle of Everclear then let it sit for a week and then strained the green liquid out. It has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while now and I tried one ounce with ice tea. Now let me state that this stuff looks like a Kale Smoothie if there is such a thing and tastes no better. Now I have drank it earlier in the spring but its been a while as I have been smoking the GG which is pretty good.
Well the high between the two ways of using the GG is totally different. First the Everclear gets into your system with in 30-40 min which I have found to be quicker than other edibles and the high is much stronger than smoking it and it brings me back to a Jefferson Airplane mode. This is apposed to the pleasant suburban high from a few puffs on the pipe.
My present grow I am going to put into flower in a week or two and plan on doing the Everclear thing again to the fan leaves. I also will try and also use some buds to see if I can get a much milder taste to it.......
I like this idea and have used it similarly flavoring Finlandia vodka with a small twig of cedar containing the bluish green berries. it only takes a day or 2 in a cold refrigerator to flavor the bottle. It gives the vodka a very nice Gin Martini flavor with a hint of pine... but Instead of using fan leaves, why not try sacrificing a few small buds and see where that takes you ?

I like this idea and have used it similarly flavoring Finlandia vodka with a small twig of cedar containing the bluish green berries. it only takes a day or 2 in a cold refrigerator to flavor the bottle. It gives the vodka a very nice Gin Martini flavor with a hint of pine... but Instead of using fan leaves, why not try sacrificing a few small buds and see where that takes you ?
I started this thread mainly because the taste is not to my likeing also the ETOH as a vehicle to carry the THC is absorbed faster 30 min. I may try some juniper as I have one on the property. I also was going to give some buds a try as that may reduce the taste as it would be a smaller amount. Just have to figure out the quantity to add...

I use the freezer method with a ratio of 14gram decarbed bud, inserted into a 250 micron pressing bag, double sleeved for filtration and 8oz. 190 proof Everclear. After trichomes are stripped, I let bag drip dry then reduce to 4oz in my Source Extractor to reclaim ETOH. 2ml in a cup of yogurt with about a gram of the stripped bud and I'm lit. Disclaimer: Have not tried fan leaves.

Attachments

• DSCN0086 (2).JPG
    DSCN0086 (2).JPG
    888.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0860.JPG
    DSCN0860.JPG
    840 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0861.JPG
    DSCN0861.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN0872 (2).JPG
    DSCN0872 (2).JPG
    636.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 44
I started this thread mainly because the taste is not to my likeing also the ETOH as a vehicle to carry the THC is absorbed faster 30 min. I may try some juniper as I have one on the property. I also was going to give some buds a try as that may reduce the taste as it would be a smaller amount. Just have to figure out the quantity to add...
Juniper is what I used just stuffing a sprig filled with berries into the bottle..I like the flavor enhancement very much.. By all means try the juniper thing. You'll like it..

I use the freezer method with a ratio of 14gram decarbed bud, inserted into a 250 micron pressing bag and double sleeved for filtration and 8oz. 190 proof Everclear. After trichomes are stripped, I let bag drip dry then reduce to 4oz in my Source Extractor to reclaim ETOH. 2ml in a cup of yogurt with about a gram of the stripped bud and I'm lit. Disclaimer: Have not tried fan leaves.
Looks good. where did you get the 250 micron bag and is it cloth or stainless steel?

I decarb in the oven then put the product into an alcohol bath in a double boiler in a mason jar with the alcohol on a electric hot plate (not gas stove boom) @ 170f for an hour in the alcohol. Let cool then put lid on it.

Thats a tincture.

Can keep going in the alcohol on the hot plate until its mostly evaporated and it will turn into oil or just leave it sit out in a pan until the alcohol evaporates, there's your oil.

Some thoughts.
After my last grow with Green Gelato I took Fan leaves I collected and ground up 100 gm and mixed with a bottle of Everclear then let it sit for a week and then strained the green liquid out. It has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while now and I tried one ounce with ice tea. Now let me state that this stuff looks like a Kale Smoothie if there is such a thing and tastes no better. Now I have drank it earlier in the spring but its been a while as I have been smoking the GG which is pretty good.
Well the high between the two ways of using the GG is totally different. First the Everclear gets into your system with in 30-40 min which I have found to be quicker than other edibles and the high is much stronger than smoking it and it brings me back to a Jefferson Airplane mode. This is apposed to the pleasant suburban high from a few puffs on the pipe.
My present grow I am going to put into flower in a week or two and plan on doing the Everclear thing again to the fan leaves. I also will try and also use some buds to see if I can get a much milder taste to it.......
Im looking for a old recipe, where you soak the leaves in ever clear for awhilem then over a low flame in a pot cook it down to a tar ball. which i recall was a awesome smoke??? just got to becareful not to ignite it in the process

Im looking for a old recipe, where you soak the leaves in ever clear for awhilem then over a low flame in a pot cook it down to a tar ball. which i recall was a awesome smoke??? just got to becareful not to ignite it in the process
Forget that old recipe and update with a new one, maybe a rso ( rick simpson oil ) or others. Plus you shouldn't be doing the cooking in the house you need to be outside in some fresh air boiling that everclear off.

Do you have an electric skillet? Usually has a lid, a big plug in the side and a control knob. DO. NOT. USE. AN. OPEN. FLAME. You will explode and that'll be the end of that story and you will be in a jar on your closest family members shelf. Those electric skillets plug in anywhere and the temps are spot on, usually "warm" setting puts you right at 155,160F.
Put enough cooking oil in the skillet to bring it up an inch or so more up the side of your container, I used a small Mason jar like the one pictured above. I turned it to 220 because the evaporation cools the container down and extends the process. The concentrate barely got about 175 to 180 and it was about 3 and half hours. Once it's down to thicker and really bubbling raise the temperature, use a thermo temp gun and get the oil up to 230, 235 and hold for 30 mins. I know WHAT? If you dont raise the temps up and decarb you wont get the full effects unless you smoke it or dab? Eating it will be a waste without that, and the tinctures are the same. Cook that stuff 30 mins or you're wasting a lot of the desired effects. Well cured, months and months will get some decarboxilation from oxidizing naturally but potency also drops off so less return on investment.
I wouldn't waste the money or effort on plate leaves alone, flowers would need to be run thru the same batch imo, to make it worthwhile or the effort involved. Jesus we're talking about expl oding vapors and I'm pretty GD sure Farmers Market insurance has "Seen it" and never covered a claim. Look closely at my profile pic I know what..I haven't blown myself up..yet.

Back
Top Bottom