Using fan leaves with Everclear

Chungo

Some thoughts.
After my last grow with Green Gelato I took Fan leaves I collected and ground up 100 gm and mixed with a bottle of Everclear then let it sit for a week and then strained the green liquid out. It has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while now and I tried one ounce with ice tea. Now let me state that this stuff looks like a Kale Smoothie if there is such a thing and tastes no better. Now I have drank it earlier in the spring but its been a while as I have been smoking the GG which is pretty good.
Well the high between the two ways of using the GG is totally different. First the Everclear gets into your system with in 30-40 min which I have found to be quicker than other edibles and the high is much stronger than smoking it and it brings me back to a Jefferson Airplane mode. This is apposed to the pleasant suburban high from a few puffs on the pipe.
My present grow I am going to put into flower in a week or two and plan on doing the Everclear thing again to the fan leaves. I also will try and also use some buds to see if I can get a much milder taste to it.......

You should take your weed and decarb it in the stove first. I also do more decarb after I mix the everclear in on a double boiler on a hot plate (electric) use a digital thermometer and keep the temps around 150-175 do that for an hour.

Can keep on doing it until the everclear evaporates and you have oil or just use it with the alcohol after an hour thats your = green hornet! lol

There's lots of ways to use up your trimmings waste not want not as they say eh?

You should take your weed and decarb it in the stove first. I also do more decarb after I mix the everclear in on a double boiler on a hot plate (electric) use a digital thermometer and keep the temps around 150-175 do that for an hour.

Can keep on doing it until the everclear evaporates and you have oil or just use it with the alcohol after an hour thats your = green hornet! lol

There's lots of ways to use up your trimmings waste not want not as they say eh?
I forgot to mention that I decarbed the leaves prior to soaking it in the Everclear......

Sorry to say but the fan leaves in the Everclear high was probably just in your head. There is just not enough THC in them to do anything other then change the flavor of your Everclear. Using trim or buds will change that.
You might want to give a 100 gm of fan leaves in a bottle of Everclear a try and then tell me its in my head (that's almost a pun).....Waste not want not......It just tastes terrible and I will work on that next......

As everclear contains water, it picks up chlorophyll. The longer the soak time and the higher the temp, the more chlorophyll. The solvent(ethanol or ISO) and decarbed weed should be frozen overnight before mixing together. I let mixture sit for only 3 hours in the freezer. You can buy 200 proof ethanol with heptane for extractions. I just ordered some from shopbvv.com. It's a lot cheaper because there is no Federal tax like everclear. Leaves are fine. A good friend has a commercial grow and store. All he uses for his extraction is leaves from the trimmer. He's got a high tech vacuum unit where he reclaimes all his alcohol for reuse.

We get the 95 proof here in NYS. lol I can get high sitting near an open container.

Phewwww.

Thanks for the tip on the Ethanol i'll have to try that.

Whats the purpose of freezeing??

My method was decarb weed in oven,
add to alcohol in a double boiler (electric) @ 160F for and hour.

Let cool and done. Yes its dark green. Thats the green hornet.

The extra alcohol can be evaporated off and that will end up as oil.

Freezing helps keep the chlorophyll at a minimum. I usually do a couple of lbs at a time, and mostly surplus bud. I had been using ISO but just got 5 gallons of that BVV solvent. Delivered it was $140, and that's fo 200 proof. I filter the extract then distill it with a stove top still. I get about 70% of my alcohol back with the still.

Ok now we talking... home made still??

Filtering with a coffee filter? Gets out most of the green particles Im assuming.

I have several pounds of trim I'm going to process here.

Ok now we talking... home made still??

Filtering with a coffee filter? Gets out most of the green particles Im assuming.
I have a double 5 gallon bucket filter. The top bucket has no bottom but does have a perforated stainless plate that I set filters on. It nests on the bottom bucket which has a spigot. It's actually for draining cappings from honeycomb. The still I got on amazon for about $100.

OK had to google honeycomb cappings. Ok now its familiar sorta. We in bear country so cappings from honeycombs sound like bear food to me. But I should ask my neighbors since they have the bears and the honeycombs. lol

My picnic baskets are under lock and key.

Something I didn't know about bears - they are in the bees for the larvae under the capping the honey is a side dish.

OK had to google honeycomb cappings. Ok now its familiar sorta. We in bear country so cappings from honeycombs sound like bear food to me. But I should ask my neighbors since they have the bears and the honeycombs. lol

My picnic baskets are under lock and key.

Something I didn't know about bears - they are in the bees for the larvae under the capping the honey is a side dish.
I live near the Beartooth Mountains. There's probably a Griz within 30 miles of me, and plenty of blacks all over.

I live near the Beartooth Mountains. There's probably a Griz within 30 miles of me, and plenty of blacks all over.

I've seen what the black bear do to 30 honey bee boxes. Looked like a tornado hit. They were tied down and pretty secure. I get the call... bear coming up your way in the creek bed.

Close all hatches. We are just about to have our blackberry harvest in a few weeks. Suspect more bear sitings just hope we dont surprise one.

What would be the MIN. time to let the leaves in the ETOH to do a 100% extraction? The freezing the pot would remove H2O from the dried leaves?....Any one have good way to make the extract palatable? thanks....

What would be the MIN. time to let the leaves in the ETOH to do a 100% extraction? The freezing the pot would remove H2O from the dried leaves?....Any one have good way to make the extract palatable? thanks....
You never get 100% unless you do repeated extractions on the same product, but then you have the law of diminishing returns. I read a lot of opinions on soak time. Good question, My 3 hour freezer soak time is a personal decision after some reading, but I've seen no raw data.
A good way to decarb is pressure cooker. On mine the canning setting is 240 degrees. I let it go 30 minutes. All you need to do is set the bud in canning jars with lids on tight. Put 5-6 cups of water in pressure cooker along with facecloth. My pressure cooker will hold 5 mason jars. NO SMELL method.
One of the pluses about decarbing in an oven is that it eliminates most moisture. Moisture, again, picks up chlorophyll.

You never get 100% unless you do repeated extractions on the same product, but then you have the law of diminishing returns. I read a lot of opinions on soak time. Good question, My 3 hour freezer soak time is a personal decision after some reading, but I've seen no raw data.

One of the pluses about decarbing in an oven is that it eliminates most moisture. Moisture, again, picks up chlorophyll.
Thanks. I have seen various lengths of time used and I just have a bunch of time so I decided on a week in the ETOH. However a couple of hours sounds good to me........

Back
Top Bottom