fan leaves?

psychostoner

let me start off with im growing 4 plants using floresent lighting 3cfl's and 1
18" 15 watt tube.now before you tellme that i should have hps or mh. ill let you know its and option but this way's been free so I wanna stick with it cuz i dont got no money.

now to my question
my plants are little and the fan leaves are blocking light to the branches underneath. so i guess what im asking is should i cut the fan leaves off so the branches can develop quicker or just leave it and see what happens?
probly a stupid question, but how else are you gonna learn? Right!

i would like to thank any one who responds in advance
so here it is "thank you"

they are probley a month old +- a few days i dont have a tapemesure right now so i dont know how big. if i find one i'll post later

tkanks for the speedy replies

As long as ur in th veg cycle you are aloud to prune up to fifty percent of the plant.And with using flouros I would have no problem losing a few fan leaves.JUst cut at a 45 degree angle close to the base of the stem.

Did you start flowering? It sounds like they are to that age, take it from experience flower at this time unless you have alot of space or know that the strain you are using is a shorther one. And how many watts are you running in lights? I wouldnt trim those fan leaves, they give your plant all the energy, if you are worried about the bottom getting light try LST.

If he doesn't prune the plant will not get bushy because the nodes will not split and he will end up with a tall skinny plant.

hey, this can all be solved by using reflectors around the plant. Or if it's in a closet or closed space put lights around the plant and not just at the top. Make sure the plant is lit from all sides, or has reflected light on it.

or you can train the plant by tying it... or top it... or top AND train it...

Back
Top Bottom