Jurassic Park fan leaves

Both ways are fine. If your plant is not healthy and you have poorly developed roots I wouldn’t touch anything but a vigorous plant won’t mind. I focus more on root health in veg..... that will directly effect what happens up top.
No right or wrong way to do this. Just personal preferences.

A lot depends on where you are growing. My 8 foot greenhouse plants get a lot of trimming. There are many suckers that will never yield much. I take many small branches along with their fan leaves.
Same. I pull the lowers and heavy trim a week or two before flip, then run another clean up two weeks after flip.
Shed gave me that advice.

Any leaf that isn’t dead or not blocking a bud site gets left to fall on its own.
Emilya told me about the plant cannibalizing itself if it’s deficient, and for other reasons, so I follow her theory to leave it alone until it’s obvious it’s not being helpful to the plant.
I’ve seen people cut all fans that have red stems, some people lollipop, others I’ve seen skin the whole plant of it leaves. To each their own in the growing world.

Same. I pull the lowers and heavy trim a week or two before flip, then run another clean up two weeks after flip.
Shed gave me that advice.

Any leaf that isn’t dead or not blocking a bud site gets left to fall on its own.
Emilya told me about the plant cannibalizing itself if it’s deficient, and for other reasons, so I follow her theory to leave it alone until it’s obvious it’s not being helpful to the plant.
I’ve seen people cut all fans that have red stems, some people lollipop, others I’ve seen skin the whole plant of it leaves. To each their own in the growing world.

open mindedness is progressive

Doesn't matter if I take the leaves off or not. I still mange to eff them up! :lot-o-toke:

094F5C5F-6F71-43B9-9CCB-98FFF26B0E4E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom