Fan question?

Fatdoobie

I have a small high velocity fan blowing directly on my 3 week old plants. Will this turn them male or herm? I think it causes some stress that makes the plant grow more stronger with a bigger main stem. What do you guys think? The fan is always on low and about 3 ft away from them. They do wiggle a little bit back and for so its not too windy i dont think?

ok a few things for you to absorb.

plants breath by air flowing over the leaves, so for this some air movement is good
plants evaporate water through there leaves, so for this, too much wind is bad, can get wind burn and drying stresses.

its a proven fact in general gardening that brushing your hand across seedlings once a day as they grow make them stronger.

gentle breeze on your plants my friend, strong wind is not better =)

Hey thank you! Ive been waitin for help on this issue for awhile. Thank you i really appreciate your kind wisdom. I was aiming for turning the fan up higher after a couple weeks once they got more wind resiliant but i think ypu have changed my mind about it.

Can stress affect sex of a plant like heat stress? And i bought an LED bloom booster 8 band color. Screws into a regular light socket. Will this really give me a greater yeild? Im gunna add it into a 250w hps for extra lighting... ive been using just the hps for about 4 weeks of veg.

Back
Top Bottom