Fan setup help please!

Re: Fan setup help please! ! ! !

I have a few set up questions concerning fan use.
I know my exhaust fan and oscillating fans should be on while the lights are on. But what about when the lights are off?? Can I keep these running 24/7 ?

Thanks for the help! I love this place

Yes indeed!

Do keep the fans on and this is especially true for exhaust fans. The object is to keep "fresh air movement" withing the room because your plants need fresh air constantly and reasonable air movement helps strengthen the plant too.

Mine has a 'motor speed control' to slow the fan down considerably... maybe 1/2 to 1/3 speed. BUT I ALSO have a thermostat wired DIRECTLY ACROSS the fan speed controller so EVERY TIME the room temp. gets too high, my fan quickly kicks into high speed to move the excessive hot air out!

Fan speed controllers are not that expensive but I have a motorized roof turbine that is slightly more then 3' across so the motor draws reasonable AC current. For that reason I picked on a Model KBWC-15K Motor Speed Control and the total cost was under $20 on eSnay TODAY.

The above speed controller gives me FULL control over fan speed and air movement. The winter nights get quite cold, but my small crop still needs air movement ~ but NOT so much that ALL of the warm air is moved out!

I found a VERY decent/reliable HEATER that was military surplus. The thermostat is quite accurate so the room temp. never goes below 70 degrees ~ even if it's below 50 degrees outside and the exhaust fan is moving warm air out.

Finally, a number of manufactures make digital thermometers that have a small remote RF sender! I use one made by SKYSCAN and it shows me my current room temp. as well as my remote crop in another room, so at a glance I can see the temp. in the small grow room! This model also shows Moon Phase, date, time accurate to the second thanks to a built-in Atomic Clock receiver on WWV!

In example, it's 72.9 degrees inside and 71.2 degrees in the grow room now. This helps me monitor the environment in both places with at a glance and with ease.

OK, I GOTTA add one more thing... next is a closed circuit camera to WATCH the 'farm' anytime I like... I was thinking of a camera with IR lights, but guess what ~ plants still see that as 'light' so the camera must go off when the lights do. Ahaaaa, TECHNOLOGY!

I hope this helps you.

I remain, SOGLAD

Back
Top Bottom