Lil help please

jabroni88

Hi folks I've got a few questions here so if you can answer any of them I'd be very grateful. I've tried finding similar problems but I just can't find them.

Firstly I germinated my seeds in water until they cracked etc.. Then put them into cell max soil with root booster on the 02/07. I have a 600w hps bulb (dual spectum on the way) going 18/6 and watering every 2nd day but still nothing has sprouted. Any help?

2nd I can't get my temp down its just staying at 90f I have a oscillating fan going 24/7 and an exhaust fan going 19/5 any help on that also? thanks

3rd when should I use nuts an all? (if they ever sprout)

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Lil help please :D

Hi folks I've got a few questions here so if you can answer any of them I'd be very grateful. I've tried finding similar problems but I just can't find them.

Firstly I germinated my seeds in water until they cracked etc.. Then put them into cell max soil with root booster on the 02/07. I have a 600w hps bulb (dual spectum on the way) going 18/6 and watering every 2nd day but still nothing has sprouted. Any help?

2nd I can't get my temp down its just staying at 90f I have a oscillating fan going 24/7 and an exhaust fan going 19/5 any help on that also? thanks

What are you growing in? A tent? Closet? Got any pics?

The oscillating fan wont cool anything, probably just circulate the heat and make it worse for your plants. Sounds like you need to either:

1 Get a cool tube
2 Get a better extractor fan
3 Change your grow space

Not sure why they havent sprouted, did roots emerge when they cracked? Given its 2 weeks Id say they are dead. But Im not an expert.

Nutes wont be needed for a while, then start on 1/3 strength.

Re: Lil help please :D

Hi mate, you should have any real probs with the seedlings growing, but i wouldnt start em under the 600 w, a CFL light will work perfectly and grow it til it gets first leaves. You dont need nutes at this point, just water. The only thing i can think of is when you planted the seed..How far did you put it in the soil? I only put mine maybe 1 inch below soil, they re always up within a week, just sittin em on the window sill and little water..So if theyre further down,soil above them has been compacted down or the tap root wasnt placed correctly it will take longer for the tap root to use gravity and grow down and then it curves and pushes the seed pod up and thru the soil. If you have a CFL above it, with the light, water and soil temp warm the seedling will grow appear within 3-5 days maximum. I used my 400w mh to raise her and my fault it was too close so she was short n bushy, a Hi output CFL will veg her well enough for few weeks without using as much power, and as much heat stress.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;) Smokem..

Use nutes after 2 set of true leaves you need to give them time to develop. Stop watering so much wait until soil is dry keep light on 24/0 until sprout then you can use a set schedule. With the heat problem maybe add another fan?? idk

Right folks. It's been a while since I've been on thanks for the info. I had buried d seeds down to far and they died :( that was my 5 ak47 5 big bud 5 lowrider all feminized autos R.I.P :'( now I'm using kush bag seeds and I have to say der looking sweeeeeeet :)

Right folks. It's been a while since I've been on thanks for the info. I had buried d seeds down to far and they died :( that was my 5 ak47 5 big bud 5 lowrider all feminized autos R.I.P :'( now I'm using kush bag seeds and I have to say der looking sweeeeeeet :)

glad to hear your new ones are doing better, sorry i joined the party late, but late advice is still usefull if you can learn anything new.

using a 600 watts rig to start a seed is like using a 360 excavator (big digger) to extract a splinter.
just use a 20 watts 6500k cfl to sprout and get your first couple of sets of leaves, then harden it off to the 600w for a couple of hours a day adding an hour each day till it fills your lighting schedule (the 6500k is ideal as your 'latern' if using GLR lighting method for super growth and energy saving.

when to feed is an important question. it is important to note that your soil may have time release nutes and you should burn through these first before feeding imho. Im about to test westlands 4month soil on an established plant, if it can survive the strength we may never need to feed quick plants again =D

the maxim of less is more holds true when it comes to seeds popping. the warm water in a cup in a warm dark place is one of the best ways to crack a seed, take it out ASAP in case it drowns once cracked.

i use damp soil (freshly dampened with airated water) and make a small hole maybe 5mm deep and put the seed in gently, tap down. i then sprinkle a little more soil on top and lightly press. so its roughly 2 or 3 mm covered.
once it breaches the soil, i keep the seed case moist with a cotton bud (1 drop of dishsoap/washing up liquid to a full mug of water to help wetness) and manualy remove if needed.

as to your temps.
any way you can isolate the heat from your light and give it its own intake/extraction?, keeping the heat of warm electrics away from your plants air will help a lot

Back
Top Bottom