Oscillating fan causing high humidity during flower!

As the title says, my oscillating fan is causing my humidity to rise too high in my grow tent and I’m like a month into flower so I tend to leave my extraction on 24/7 but no blowing air on the leaves as it’s raising humidity as I don’t want no Mold or rot. Is this okay that I’ve got my extraction running and no oscillating fan? I only have oscillating fans and the one extraction, nothing else. Help appreciated
I have just the opposite problem, I can get the humidity above 45% and the temperature below 77F. On this plant I put a Humidifier in for the veg stage, going to put her into flower this week, and going to replace the humidifier, with an air conditioner to get the temperature down, I always run a fan right on plant, and an aircleaner for tent. last plant got burnt and dramatize my plant into a Hermy, as well as some Albino tenties!

Can you tel if your extraction fan is actually extracting? Also, open one of the vents at least so it can suck air in. Intake fan would help but at least open a vent.
So I’ll open a vent of the vents? Top or bottom of the tent?
always have a vent open so you constantly have air coming in and out of your tent, bugs can't get thru the vent, and use the vent that will get its air pulled across the tent, or from top to bottom, you don't want air pulled in just to go out from same area.

My tent vents are screened. Circulation fans help stop mold issues and make stronger stems, they do not cause humidity. Often right after I water the humidity rises swiftly, but declines with some time. I have a dehumidifier but seldom use it , even in our notorious high humidity in the lower Mississippi valley. With good air circulation mold never becomes a problem for me with humidity avg. above 50% and sometimes over 70% and up to 90%, even without rain in the area. I use the dehumidifier in the room the tents are in sometimes, when it is over 60% or when drying buds, I set it at 50% humidity. Have a smoke and a beer and relax. If you are in a damp moldy basement the basement may need a dehumidifier but air flowing over the plants will keep mold off them in a clean room, that is not over watered. Mold destroyed buds I had curing once in the room without a fan circulating air and no dehumidifier running, but I have never had it on growing plants in my grow setups in about 40 years of indoor growing.

Your fan is overpowering your exhaust causing air to circulate around your plants and not through them. I am currently having a similar issue. The incoming air goes up tent sides to the exhaust and oscillating fan just keeps circulating same damp air as dry air is blown around the plants and above, cooling the lights and tent but not penetrating the canopy. Have to be careful with circulation in small spaces as can be counter productive if a recycling pocket is isolated from the main exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom