Oscillating fan causing high humidity during flower!

Having a similar problem. Humidity got up to 80 while I was at work. Gonna open a vent hole tomorrow and see if that helps. The small humidifier in there just ain’t cuttin it. My tent is 2x2x4 by the way
EB59029D-B61C-4FC9-9C5B-4C99FC9EA0EC.jpeg
image.jpg

So any luck?

You shouldn't need an intake fan with any kind of normal setup. Just an exhaust fan that is capable of doing its job. Open all lower passive intake vent panels. If it's a quality tent, there should be built-in mesh screen material. If not, add something.

Your oscillating fan is doing its job - aiding the plants in transpiring moisture. Also, in general, moving air around inside your grow space. EDIT: The fan isn't raising the humidity, the plants are; the fan is merely evenly distributing it throughout the grow space.

Meaning no disrespect, here, but if you have "pests" in your house, that's a problem that should be addressed as a house problem, not a grow space problem. You're going to have to open your tent/etc. from time to time in order to do garden maintenance, yeah?

Plants transpire water. A fan moving air across/through them removes that moisture from the immediate area around the plants. In addition to the above, this also helps prevent mold/rot (which is no fun!). A good exhaust fan pulls air in via the passive vents and then on through the fan and out of the space.
Nailed it!!!

So ignore my hygrometer basically as it’s showing me high readings which is precise but it’s just the plants transpiring? I’ve got my exhaust fan running and oscillating fan and the vents open just need to get some mesh to cover the holes , as someone said a pair of nylon panties ffs
Unless your house is loaded with bugs, you don't have a problem. Learn about neem. I use it as a prevention device about every 10 days, through mid harvest. You can also use a permethrin as an area spray, just don't get it on plants in bloom.

Unless your house is loaded with bugs, you don't have a problem. Learn about neem. I use it as a prevention device about every 10 days, through mid harvest. You can also use a permethrin as an area spray, just don't get it on plants in bloom.

yes I have purchased neem just not had a need to use it yet, just thought spraying neem during flowering on the budd isn’t the right thing to do? Or do you have information to change my newbie view . And my house isn’t loaded with bugs just been the summer time ay.

Hi Hazeluv69... Just curious is your oscillating fan motor producing heat? Being in a closed off tent that could raise the humidity over time, always vent in new cool air and vent out old air no matter what ,you need negative pressure in tent to push old air out.
You dont have vents open then you may not be circulating enough air

So I’ll open a vent of the vents? Top or bottom of the tent?
Test one then all of them... see which one gives you the relief you seek

Is there a way I can prevent pests from entering whilst my vents are open or just wing it?
Buy some yellow pest cards and hang inside the tent.. If they show up they will stick on the yellow card.

Having a similar problem. Humidity got up to 80 while I was at work. Gonna open a vent hole tomorrow and see if that helps. The small humidifier in there just ain’t cuttin it. My tent is 2x2x4 by the way
EB59029D-B61C-4FC9-9C5B-4C99FC9EA0EC.jpeg
image.jpg
I had a simliar tent, too small for me... nothing I did could lower the heat so I got rid of the tent and everything is golden. Just used the storage room the tent was in to grow.
Good Luck!

That’s what I’m thinkin I’m gonna do eventually. The heat stays around 80ish but I would like it to be lower.
Exactly what happen to me. Now my temps are about 77 on average.

Lol I shoulda mentioned that, good catch!
It's best used wrapped in cheesecloth suspended over a bucket if memory serves me correctly
This is a little off topic but hopefully someone will find this useful.I live in an area that only 80% rh is a pleasant day.I can drop my grow room to 50-60%RH but I struggled with my drying "tent" I tried hanging rock salt over a bucket but the fans evaporated it out of the bucket so no progress was made.I cut the top off two 2 liter bottles and poked holes all over the top part.Then invert the top into the bottom piece.Fill the inverted top with rock salt.The water drips into the bottom and can't evaporate again.Two of these in a sealed 2 square meter box with one hanging plant stays at 57%rh.

This is a little off topic but hopefully someone will find this useful.I live in an area that only 80% rh is a pleasant day.I can drop my grow room to 50-60%RH but I struggled with my drying "tent" I tried hanging rock salt over a bucket but the fans evaporated it out of the bucket so no progress was made.I cut the top off two 2 liter bottles and poked holes all over the top part.Then invert the top into the bottom piece.Fill the inverted top with rock salt.The water drips into the bottom and can't evaporate again.Two of these in a sealed 2 square meter box with one hanging plant stays at 57%rh.
Can you please post a pic. How does it breath?

I place them behind the fan so there is a constant flow of air slowly moving over them.They will collect 2 3/4 inches(7cm) of water in the 10 days it takes to dry the plants to where I want them.From there they get jar cured. I am sure there is a heated thread on here discussing the CORRECT RH to dry at.Not going down that road!:laughtwo: lol If you want it lower add more bottles.Higher? Don't add as many bottles. Received so many good tips from this forum,just trying to pay it back. Hope someone finds this useful.

Attachments

• dehumid bottle1.jpg
    dehumid bottle1.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 55
  • dehumid bottle2.jpg
    dehumid bottle2.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 58
I place them behind the fan so there is a constant flow of air slowly moving over them.They will collect 2 3/4 inches(7cm) of water in the 10 days it takes to dry the plants to where I want them.From there they get jar cured. I am sure there is a heated thread on here discussing the CORRECT RH to dry at.Not going down that road!:laughtwo: lol If you want it lower add more bottles.Higher? Don't add as many bottles. Received so many good tips from this forum,just trying to pay it back. Hope someone finds this useful.
Rock salt or will any salt do? Like espom? Sounds like a cool idea !

Back
Top Bottom