Fan speed controller

TheGrowerOfDank

420 Member
Hey 420 community! I’ve bought a single speed extractor fan but have now come to the realisation that when I hook it up to my grow tent it’s going to lower the humidity and temp too much. Will a speed controller work for my fan?

Hey 420 community! I’ve bought a single speed extractor fan but have now come to the realisation that when I hook it up to my grow tent it’s going to lower the humidity and temp too much. Will a speed controller work for my fan?
Yup a fan speed controller would work to raise the temp and humidity you just have to play around to find what speed works to get you to your target temp and humidity.
Another option would be a inkbird temp and humidity controller you can find them on Amazon fairly cheap. They have a probe that hangs in the tent and you can set it for the temp you want and it will cycle the fan on and off to maintain the temp you want. The humidity controller would be hooked up to your humidifier and cycle it on and off to keep your humidity in check.

I use a speed controller in the summer and a timer in the winter. I find that my speed controller does not drop the speed by very much and it definitely would not work in the winter for me as my heater and fan would both be running constantly. I have one of those daytime nightime controller things I don't use it at all.

I need to use my fan for humidity control as well, I can not fit a dehumidifier in my room so the timer works best for me. It's a infinately adjustable timer from amazon $25 all I need to change is the minutes on and minutes off. All this is just personal experience from an amateur.

Back
Top Bottom