Female balls?

sabre

Blue Dream Fem seed week 2 flowering with balls?
Male?

WTF?

DSC00953_zpse8d378e2.jpg

DSC00951_zpsac42343b.jpg

DSC00949_zps4a330b02.jpg

Mate, IMO, I believe you have a male or a hermie.. Possibly a hermie by the way some of the pollen sacks look, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But yeah unfortnately I think this is the case my friend.. Best of luck, Smokemup..

Yeah it does suck abit.. I was shown a friends plants yesterday, he was all excited to show me his lil girls.. Well so he thought, He proceeds to tell me theyre in flower?? HMM.. FIRST ALERT - ITS SUMMER AND THEYRE OUTDOORS ABOUT 2 MONTHS OLD.. Anyway, I first spied this round topped 45cm weed on a stick, it had some deformity in the pheno or something it had only single bladed leaves or 3 fingered.. It smelled really strong and as it was a strange shape I asked if it had been topped, he said yes. The branches were all growing into 1 round ball rather than out and up? Then he shows me plant #2, to which he says, is his girlfriends good plant.. I have a look and he says, yeah its budding too!!
FAIL #2... Wrong - he had BALLS!! So I soon brought his spirits down unfortunately for him. But I think the guy he got em off, had grown em indoor and topped em and then put em outside, and due to the drop in lighting from 24/0 to about 14/10 they started to flower, and this has messd em up.
Poor bugger!!

So on a second note: is this normal with the femenized type seeds or just the random?

My understanding is fem seeds have a higher rate of females in the mix due the genetic modifications.

True not true?

Not entirely but yes lol. A fem seed it typically more prone to herm on you depending on means of feminization but that LOOKS like a.true.herm. making me think someone used a herm to create the "feminized" seed. This is my biggest issue with breeders and.why I started breeding my own. Anyone can.chuck pollen and.call it fire. U never know what ur really getting. But I wont open that can of worms. That'll start a war and i forgot my flame suit.

50% fact 50% snake oil?

I got those BDF seeds for free so it figures.

I had 4 types of seeds.

They are all crap except just a few that made it through.

I had some indica clones too.

What is the best seed stock?

Idk that I'd say snake oil. They definetly serve a.purpose as do autos many don't have the time means or room to weed out males. For that they are great but all good comes with bad as well. They're definetly not for everyone.

In my experience the best seedstock is bred locally or by yourself honestly. Given where u live largely dictates availability of locally stock if u look hard enough u can find them. I don't really do seedbanks and there isn't really a BEST put there. But with that, TGA reserva ghs nirvana barneys farm (hit and miss imo with barney) and royal Dutch genetics are all pretty reliable and reputable. That doesn't mean perfect tho. They all have drawbacks. The largest being bank markup and shipping cost. Local solid genetics will do the biggest service for ur garden imo

The large majority of my grows have been from plain ol bagseed. I select a seed based on certain looks, color,pattern etc; and thus far have only germinated 1 male plant out of about 80/90 plants... Not feminised seeds or from a seed bank, so I believe that there may be certain things in seeds that either determine a male or female plant, and it possibly happens during germination or the first week or so of growth, what theyre planted in - growing medium i mean, so yeah. I do not know ANY FACTS just that I choose seeds say, out of 20 seeds there may be 5 or so that I like the looks of and Id select on my basis, and manage to have had good luck when it comes to male/female ratio. 99% female growth is pretty good espec from bagseed!! Thats about the only thing Ive managed to achieve from growing that not alot of growers can say.. Man im awsum?? lol.. goodluk for next grows mate! Smokemup

Can you recommend where to get decent "bag seed"?

Is there a sponsor on 420mag perhaps?

Is it just plain brown bag bulk or indica or sativa or hybrid?

Its just seeds you find in a bag u bought. (Which by the way are largely fem or herm bred, not many growers let a male keep going so its not unreasonable to assume the seed was cause by a herm in the room.

Yeah, sometimes Id get some really good quality smoke and occasionally Id get a seed or 2. Not very often, but every now and then one would turn up in a bud. I choose my seeds with my OWN SELECTION PROCESS - most seed I choose to keep must have 2 things for me to even consider growing it. THIS IS NOT BASED ON ANY SCIENCE OR FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE, JUST MY OWN CHOICE OF THINGS TO LOOK FOR!!
The most common seed type I will keep, is usually of a sort of grey color, and I like them to have ' Tiger Stripes ' on em, black stripes along the length of the seed. Then I usually check on one side of the seed, if you have a seed handy - have a look. On 1 side of it, it will be a smooth join of the 2 halves of the seed pod, and on the opposite side, there should be a raised lump along the length of the seed - where the tap root is formed, I look for this to be fairly prominent as I put it down to having a strong nice sized tap root within.
Then there are some brown seed types, which vary in markings, I have a few of these type seeds, with these, I look for a good solid size seed, and also some black spots on it and again, check for a solid tap root side - it will be a lighter color almost white on the browner ones.
AND THERE YOU HAVE MY NEAR INFALLABLE SELECTION PROCESS:):) lol.. Scientist would pick me apart here!!
But I can rebut with " Well sir, Ive only sprouted 1 male plant from over 80 plants and none of these seeds came from a Supplier or as Fem. seeds "..
There also maybe a link as to how the seed is germinated, and possibly its initial choice of growing medium for sprouting?? I am not sure, but I really would like to see if the choices I make for seed growing, actually bear some merit and may well be a huge benefit for ANY OF US WEED GROWERS!! It could save many people from investing time into a male plant when say, if the seed was chosen in that manner, it could nearly be assured of being female. But I think that some below average care for seedling or Vegging plant also may cause it to turn just prior to showing female sex pistils:) LOVE THAT BAND.. Just not spelt the same!
Anyways, may you all be happily baked.. Take care guys, SMOKEMUP+KIKSUMASSS

Back
Top Bottom