Femming(?), Bending, and Cracking Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

NACnCO

So, to increase each plant's yield a grower can use femming, bending, or cracking. Fuzzy Duck described bending to me but after pondering it for a while I'm too scared. I need more info. Does anyone have a recommendation for a link with pics or a youtube video? When would I start implementing these techniques? What . . . I'm so ignorant I don't even know what questions to ask about it. Could someone explain with Pics these techniques to me like I'm an alien from another plant?

I searched this forum for info but mostly got threads about unwanted bending. I know I need to learn these techniques to improve my yield. So, any help would be appreciated.

I'm so ignorant I don't even know what questions to ask about it. Could someone explain with Pics these techniques to me like I'm an alien from another plant?

Another plant? Or planet?

Go to Google

In the search box type "Low Stress Training"

Click "Search"

On the left click "Videos"

or

Click here: Google

Hello NACnCO i hope is well with your grow :peace:

A large majority of the time LST / low stress training is commenced in early / mid veg when the stem is still very flexiable, this aids in greater light penertration to the low branchs to aid growth/photosynthesis etc etc & can be desirable depending on style of grow techinque.

Which may be performed from the first few nodes if you wish !

Early LST training.
004681.JPG

I prefer LST training in slightly later veg tho as that i have lower branchs to develope with in my time frame of vegging period before placing into the flowering cycle.

Here's one bent over at an aprox height of 12 inchs with my 125w cfl 6500k providing adequate light over the plant to aid in growth formation, the lower branchs will stretch further in due time to help form additional colas on the small bush plants i wish to grow.
001946.JPG

I've used masking tape to attach pipe cleaners to a regular style flower pot to bend the stem over here.
002972.JPG

With a majority of my LST training commencing once put into the flowering tent to bend branchs to allow for greater light penertration with small weak branchs trimmed off, here i've used the holes in the air pot to attach the pipe cleaners to.
004763.JPG

I hope this helps a little bit in the quest of LST training which may also be used for scrog also.

If you wish to continue growing you present strain in the future may i suggest using a smaller pot to encourage root balling this may in aid stunting over all height or even vegging for a sorter period of time as not to create such a tall plant in the near future :peace:

Back
Top Bottom