FF Hydro Nute Issues "With pics!"

FuzzyGrnMnstr

To start I would like to thank you for taking time to stop in and shoot the shiz with me!

So lets get to it, I am currently using Fox Farm 3 part hydro setup with DWC, I am experiencing some deficiency in Mg and zinc "from what I can see". Any of the newer leaves towards the top are a light green, and have a slight curl to them. I maintain a constant PH of 6.0 and I have more than ideal temperature, along with a ~8 degree Fahrenheit swing at night. I am not sure if the FF 3 part is enough nutes, I use Ro/Di that is at ~8-10ppm. I then bump it to ~550ppm with Grow Big "I am in my last week of Veg" and then bring it to 650~700 with a combo of Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.

I am unsure as to if I need to bump up the nutes, this deficiency may be caused simply because I need make it more potent I do not have any noticed "Burn" besides some fan leaves I trimmed. I have never used FF for hydro and I have skewered the forum for any info regarding using FF but all I can find is people raving about it. Any input will be great, I love to just bounce ideas off others!

Note the slight discoloration amidst the top. And the almost "Heavy" tips of leaves that are deeper in coloration.
IMG_13325.jpg

Looking closely at the areal of the fan leaf, then the shot from below reveals the overall damage, which will inhibit growth if not corrected. Although this is only happening on a few of the larger fans.
IMG_13348.jpg
IMG_13378.jpg

And my Okra, Zucchini, Squash. :D I have found that many different veggies can be grown and mask the smell with favorable results! Not to add you get free, GMO free food!
IMG_133912.jpg

since you are using reverse osmosis /distilled you NEED to supplement you micros as well as calcium and magnesium. I would look into general hydroponics micro also some hydrozome and calamag+ supplement. Amazon is loaded with all kinds of micros and calamags. I prefer GH bc they have a feeding schedule i follow. The spots are a calicum mag deficiency

Thank you BD for taking some time to review this, I will have to run over to my local hydro store and see what I can nab up for my water change today. Do you recommend continuing the feeding that I am currently giving them, and just add to with GH's schedule? I dont want to have toxic levels and start locking up the plant.

just incase he doesn't get back to you soon enough and he may feel differn't so dont think this is a quote from him, i would suggest making your nute strength about 3/4 of what it normally is just because when plants dont have proper Cal/mg they just dont uptake the other nutes as well and this will help everything to get back on kilter. :D

N.W.G, Thank you Sir for the advice, Hopefully my girl will be back on track here soon! Once this test run is finished it is all out for my tent.

i would go light with the ff nutes as the were designed with a soil less medium not hydro. But do let me scare you :) people use it for both. You are deficent in cal and mag. all you have to add is bonticare cal-a-mag plus pint runs 15-20$. I know that ff nutes lack a great deal of micro elements due to them being added to the soil. i would go light like 1/2 strength ff nutes in a hydro application. Now if you want to add gh micro a noraml application would be fine. Their is a guy who does hydro and just adds micro for grow and micro and bloom for flower. I dont know if he uses ro water as we do so. Basically talk to the guy at ur store and tell him what u got and ask him what else you may need. I think calamag nad some micro will straighten you out also ur leaf sides are getting pointy so u may be over nuting them with the last dose u gave them. Were you adding what the ff pkg says or halving it ?

So after my adventure yesterday, I ended up coming home with 10inchs less hair on my head, Botanicare Cal-Mag and Spray-N-Grow micro-nutrient "Iron - Zinc" spray for foliage feeding. Just after 9hrs of sleep I have noticed that some of the lighter green is starting to disappear. I cant believe that I missed something as simple as cal-mag. My previous experience was with a GH 3 part and never ran into a situation where I needed micro's. I will keep updating the results until she is tip top!

This plant has turnd into a bush now, to bad I had to abort my grow. :(

Back
Top Bottom