FF Oceans Forest ph at 4.5

I don't have many pictures of my FFOF grows but I'll post couple

I don't have many pictures of my FFOF grows but I'll post couple

Sweet colors @Dankman_420. Those look like happy healthy plants. Hoping I can correct this problem and have some nice plants like this.

My last couple of runs I've been using subcools super soil recipe and had my best plants to date. I'm out of the SS so I'm back to FFOF and FF trio nuits as it's what I've used for the most part of 5 years. I'm a big fan of FFOF. While it's all I used in veg while I was using SS in bloom. I'm not saying anything about anyone's style or method of growing. Just what works for me. I can't wait for spring so I can mix up more SS. Here's some pics of my SS water only grows, with out pH water. Just r.o. water only

Dont know the op's problem but I just came out of a similar issue with FFOF. Ph crashed and was getting necrosis on tips of leaves and throughout leaves. Went on the blogs and the opinion was under or over feeding. Called FF and sent picts and they said overfeeding. (1st feed was too early for soil as there was still too much neuts In the soil for feeding at a week before i planted the flip. I as they suggested i did a 5gal flush and start feeding full neuts as recommended in the FFOF chart. After flush TDS dropped from well over 1000 down to under 800. From their i feed ph water at 6.9 twice than started the neuts and all issues went away and all is good. This is what they looked like then. Now they look like this.
20191207_093042.jpg
20191207_093028.jpg
20191207_093016.jpg
20191207_093006.jpg
20191207_093042.jpg
20191207_093028.jpg
20191207_093016.jpg
20191207_093006.jpg
20191207_093042.jpg
20191207_093028.jpg
20191207_093016.jpg
20191207_093006.jpg
20191207_093042.jpg
20191207_093028.jpg
20191207_093016.jpg
20191207_093006.jpg
20191207_093042.jpg

The initial "burn" happened within 20 hours of that 1st feed (it was at 1/2 strength.) I didn't wait long enough for the neuts to be used up in the soil first before I supplementing. Check your TDS before adding neuts if using FFOF. And I was told by FF that taking a ph or TDs from runoff is a waist of time as the measurement went be accurate, only slurry test are accurate. This was their response, and it solved my prob.

Also not sure about lock out as the plant continued to grow about 3 inches during this issue. It deff got burned but didn't "lock out" I'm assuming as it didn't stop growing.

That does not make any sense because that would kill any plant that hit it. If this is the case, sue Fox Farms for this bad bag of soil, or the maker of your pH pen. I suspect that you didn't get a good representative sample of the soil. I advise you to call up Fox Farm right now and ask them how this could be.
Have too agree, a ph of ten would burn your skin (I believe) that's insanely high. Also I was instructed to use equal measures of soil and water 5x soil and 5x water. Let sit an 1/2 hour.

FFOF will slurry test to 6.5-6.8... usually up on the higher side. As Chris said, runoff pH has absolutely nothing to do with the pH of your soil. Just water at 6.3 pH with all your incoming fluids, and the FFOF will do exactly what it was designed to do. Stop wasting your time measuring runoff pH. The measurement is totally arbitrary and depends on how much runoff you produced, what is in your nutes and the pH you started with. At no point does it correspond to anything going on in the soil.

just watered 2 times? Here is where the problem is. While I commend you for patiently waiting for the roots to make it to the bottom and then strengthen up enough to where the plants can use all of that water, and you not watering until they do... there is a better way when you have put the plants in way too big of a container to totally follow my watering method to a T. Please remember that my article also talked about the reasons we successively uppot.

In your situation it is best to water every 3 days, out to 3x the diameter of the plant, but with only enough water to soak in to around 3 or 4 inches deep. A little will still make it down to the bottom where that big water table is sitting, but try to minimize that and just water the top spreader roots while you wait for the bottom roots to be able to use up 5x the water they were born to handle that sits down there every time you completely water the container. I call this 2 stage watering, and you should keep doing this every 3 days until the bottom finally dries out and you can water the complete container properly again.

This answers everything. Our plants are highly adaptable, so they have slowed down growth until they can solve this watering problem for you. Help them out... show them that you understand there are two sets of roots, and that you can give them what they need for now via the top roots. They will respond accordingly.
I just read these conversations, For what it is worth, I would like to say something about FFOF. I did my first grow last summer using ffhf for seedlings and ffof for adults. This is because my bro-in- law has been growing for years and swears by it. I used3 gal fiber pots in 4x4 grow tent. 5 plants. I used your watering regimen 1 qt around, take a drink a toke do one more round. Never used nutes grow turned out ok. Five full qt jars. Albeit I have limited knowledge I would have to agree with you it’s not the soil.
I am starting my second grow. Just transplanted from solo cup to 3 gal fiber pots. I watered them in a circle approx 4in in dia around the stalk. Should this suffice Until the get a little bigger, then start the water refining?

I am starting my second grow. Just transplanted from solo cup to 3 gal fiber pots. I watered them in a circle approx 4in in dia around the stalk. Should this suffice Until the get a little bigger, then start the water refining?
I use the 3x the diameter of the plant rule... once I hit the edges, I water the entire pot... but, if it ends up taking more than 5 days to drain the container after that first watering, I will do a partial watering of the top spreader roots.

So I got a reply from fox farms about their soil and as I expected it was just a genetic cut-n-paste message claiming that their soil is buffered already and its perfect and don't do runoff tests but slurry tests as they are more accurate and intructions of how to do a slurry test. I guess they didn't even read my message since I told them I did a slurry test their way and it was still in the 4.8 range. Whatever...i wasn't expecting much help from a company that size. Customer service isn't important anymore when you have had your name in the game so long.

Either way I think I got things balanced out in the soil. I spent 3 days flushing both plants with 3gal of water at a ph of 8.0 each day. After the first day I was up to 5.2. After the second day it was at 6.1 and after the third day I did a slurry test and I got 6.7 on the ph pen. Booyah!
Finally started to see a difference in both plants today. Both are still recovering but have started to look better and grow again. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.
5 days ago................................today
20200124_204122-COLLAGE.jpg

5 days ago................................today
20200124_203722-COLLAGE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom