FF Ocean Forest - any known issues?

MountainDEWD

Hey all! I was just wondering if any of you have experience with FF's Ocean Forest soil? I just started using it and all my peppers, and ladies, just seem to love it? I was wondering if there was anything I should know about using Ocean Forest with my ladies??

Thanks!!

Only issue I know of is that some seedlings are sensitive to the level of nutes in it. Otherwise, most people, if not all report having fantastic results using it for older plants.

Right on! Thanks! The clones really love it, havent started any seed in it yet.. I always use a PH Balanced Soilless mix to germinate my seeds.. let them grow until they are strong enough and then I transfer in to the actual grow medium. So far it seems to work but I will definitely keep in mind what you said about some seedlings being sensitive to it. Thank you very much!! :peace::volcano-smiley:

That's spot on. I've personally never had a clone that didnt like it with just good plain ph balanced water. Then I hit with the feeding schedule once transplanted.

Antics your spot on about some seedlings jedi kush hates it at first.

You guys are all so awesome! Thank you very much!! I can't wait to see how quickly the clones root in this stuff. :) I'll probably be taking a cutting or two within the next few weeks. I learned the hard way this time not to keep too many clones around, lol. Too much work!

i add a bag of perlite and allot of lime in mine ..never had any real issues !!

clones love the fox farm light warrior . i mix that with my soil with clones and seedlings .

Awesome! I'll have to give light warrior a try... I swear by soilless for starting my seeds and rooting my cuttings. However, one or two of my cuttings will be put directly in to the ocean forest this next time around since people are saying that they love it!

Hi, I use Ocean mix mixed 50/50 with Fox Farm Happy and add 30% course perlite for better drainage.
Fox Farm can compact after repeated watering so more perlite added helps keep the soil fluffy and areated. Also, you can feed lighter than normal the first month after transplanting with new plants. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom