Fiber Optic Sunlight

thehammer

It has been a while since I set up a grow room in a closet. I'm just starting to get back into it - after 10 years - and I'm researching the best lighting to use. For me, it is important that I keep my energy use VERY low and I found a lighting product that I had never seen before.

I found the device called "the light bandit" last week on Kickstarter. It captures sunlight at your window and concentrates it into optical fibers for delivery to anywhere in your home. The video says that it uses no electricity, it delivers natural light (but with the infrared light/heat filtered out) and that the fibers can run up 30 feet. Their video also shows a plant growing in a closet.

My grow room is only about 20 feet from a window so I'm thinking about trying this. Does anyone have any experience with this type of light source? Do you know of any one else that offers this type of product?

It obviously doesn't work at night so I'll have to use artificial sources then. However, if I can reduce my need for ventalation/cooling and reduce my energy footprint during the day, then that would still be great...

Appreciate whatever info you have!

Back
Top Bottom