Figuring out the best light for 2 5x5 tents

Thank you for clearing that up for me, and thank you for all your amazing info. I’m sure I will have more questions as I continue to plan for this fun adventure to start.

I don’t think I mentioned your buds look amazing and aspire to have beautiful ladies like yours.

I have already purchased seeds as I thought it would take a little time to get them, but I will start a journal once I start to get everything in.

I also have no idea what boosters are nor silicon. And I assume I will need ph down and a tester? Will I need ph up?

I use good old tap water.
Comes out 0.4 on my EC meter.
Never had problems myself.
Ph always 5.8/6.0 (coco never any higher)
I had a meter but there a drama if you ask me.
I kinda know how much ph down to add after so long.
And i will spot test from time to time with a drop ph tester.

Silicon some will use all the way to harvest me i stop in veg.
It helps the ladies grow stronger tuff even said to help with heat. etc etc
Boost i add in flower as all i use is a/b and calmag I FEEL it helps keep my ladies happy.
And bulk up nice its not cheap and the only thing i really spend over the odds for.
Some will make there own some use other cheaper products or even a number of other products.
I try to keep it simple as possible for an old man. ;)

Good day to everyone, I know some of this stuff has been discussed before, but I need some help deciding and choosing the right light for my grow. I’ve grown in the past with mh/Hps (over 10 years ago). I’m looking to buy 2 mars hydro tents 5x5, one for veg and one for flower. Is the FC-6500 what I want or FC-E6500???? Also there’s a 8000 model with co2?

I guess i need a little help. Do I need two different lights for each room, or do these lights work for veg and flower? Is there settings to change spectrums or just a dimmer switch.
Those are good lights man there good for veg and flower

I use good old tap water.
Comes out 0.4 on my EC meter.
Never had problems myself.
Ph always 5.8/6.0 (coco never any higher)
I had a meter but there a drama if you ask me.
I kinda know how much ph down to add after so long.
And i will spot test from time to time with a drop ph tester.

Silicon some will use all the way to harvest me i stop in veg.
It helps the ladies grow stronger tuff even said to help with heat. etc etc
Boost i add in flower as all i use is a/b and calmag I FEEL it helps keep my ladies happy.
And bulk up nice its not cheap and the only thing i really spend over the odds for.
Some will make there own some use other cheaper products or even a number of other products.
I try to keep it simple as possible for an old man. ;)
So do you start silicon at the beginning of veg? Do you use it on every feed/watering, or every other time? Would I add this after I let my calmag sit?

Man you’ve been so informative… I’ve been a little stressed trying to figure this out from just reading other journals. Thanks again so much. 🙏

Also you say you use tap water. Do you have any filter on it? Like one you get from your local store or nothing?

Thanks, I’ve decided in the fc series, but not just because I see nothing but good reviews… But because they have amazing customer service and not to mention all the other products that not only function well, but look amazing. At least from what I can tell from the reviews and posts here.
I went with a cheaper light bought what my budget would allow me.maxisun DM 300 bloomspect 300 both are pretty good lights tho had them 5 years now running them 24/7 mars hydro has some.really. nice ones out now more coverage than they had before

So do you start silicon at the beginning of veg? Do you use it on every feed/watering, or every other time? Would I add this after I let my calmag sit?

Man you’ve been so informative… I’ve been a little stressed trying to figure this out from just reading other journals. Thanks again so much. 🙏

Also you say you use tap water. Do you have any filter on it? Like one you get from your local store or nothing?
Silicon first, stir and wait - then CaMg, stir and wait - then nutes, stir and wait - then adjust pH
I only use Silicon every other/third watering personally
Tap water is fine, it's the only source I have

before the mag and let that sit also i have a mixer running.
And i add a little 1st week true veg up till i flip the silicon.
And yes just tap water never grown with anything else.
Also when i pop a seed i use tap water guess im lucky were i live.
Its around 7.4pH from tap and as i said 0.4 on my EC meter.

But remember everyones grow space is different and what works for me.
Might need tweaking for you hope this all helps some...

I just stick them in a tent control the heat and fresh air feed and leave them be.
The light and nutes do the rest.I pop in once a day if that , in my tents.
As said every other feed for me or less is more type deal every feed. (silicon)

:thumb:

So once I get to flowering, what booster do you recommend? I see the same brand has one called sumo active. Is that one you recommend?
I can't answer that - it's your grow, Dude
To answer your question, I use 1ml/L Canna PK 13/14 week 5-6 flower
Beyond that you get foxtail flowers that never ripen properly
I also use Bud Candy and Flawless Finish

Ye i use active as its better for my drip system.
If you hand water dont really matter.
But i cant say i have tried much else.
Im a if it works why try fix it type of man.
So once I get to flowering, what booster do you recommend? I see the same brand has one called sumo active. Is that one you recommend?
If you use only shogun just follow the feed chart those guys know there stuff.
You even have a hard water chart which helps out most of the uk.
Just sick at the lower end of the dosage and your be fine.
Trying to use what works with other nutes can turn pretty bad pretty quick.
;)

Ye i use active as its better for my drip system.
If you hand water dont really matter.
But i cant say i have tried much else.
Im a if it works why try fix it type of man.

If you use only shogun just follow the feed chart those guys know there stuff.
You even have a hard water chart which helps out most of the uk.
Just sick at the lower end of the dosage and your be fine.
Trying to use what works with other nutes can turn pretty bad pretty quick.
;)
I looked the active boost up and the site, and it says you can use it as soon as the flowering starts and all the way through flower? Is that recommended or is this something I would only use for a portion. Would using this all the way the way through the flower process damage or give the flower a bad taste?

Is it DLC listed? I see it has a Max operating temp of 95F..any problems in a greenhouse?
It's all certified and tasted.
I can get pics where it is.
Temps been 110 f on hot sunny days and no problems whatsoever.
Non just incredible growth, incredible.
I ran 2700 watts in my biggest flower room. ( not a sponsor anymore )
This 1000w out does that easily.
Honestly the last light you will ever buy. @MedicGrow EZ- 8 .

PSX_20220901_052206.jpg

FANTASTIC PRICE TOO.
THEY WILL GIVE MEMBERS A DISCOUNT TOO.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom