Figuring out the best light for 2 5x5 tents

Jaydeem02

420 Member
Good day to everyone, I know some of this stuff has been discussed before, but I need some help deciding and choosing the right light for my grow. I’ve grown in the past with mh/Hps (over 10 years ago). I’m looking to buy 2 mars hydro tents 5x5, one for veg and one for flower. Is the FC-6500 what I want or FC-E6500???? Also there’s a 8000 model with co2?

I guess i need a little help. Do I need two different lights for each room, or do these lights work for veg and flower? Is there settings to change spectrums or just a dimmer switch.

The FC/FCE will only have a dimmer no need for veg and flower switch like the older model led's.
And they will be fine for veg and flower.
You would just dim the light down.
I own a FC3000 and a FCE3000 and the led's used and the PSU are the main differences in the models.
I have grown now with both cant really tell the difference if im honest.
You wont be unhappy which every one you buy.
Some would say the leds and psu are woth the extra money on the FC models over the FCE models.
But for a veg tent i feel you could get away with the FC/E4800
The 8000 is kinda over kill if your not using co2 i feel but would do a GREAT job in both tents.

Hope that helps ;)

The coverage for the 4800 in veg would be fine if you ask ME in a 5x5.
It would stuggle on the edges in flower but again guess that would depend
on how many ladies how big and how much of the tent you fill.
I am working on the fact your going to fill up both spaces one for flower one for veg always.
So if it was me i would be in the market for a FCE6500 and the FCE4800
And save a few $$ buying the FCE models and the FCE4800 instead of the 6500

If money is not an issue guess buy to FC6500 and your be set for the next few years
no matter what you do unless you upgrade a tent.

@Mars Hydro

:)

Thanks again for all the input. Yes, both he rooms will be filled up as long as things go well. Lol. About the co2, I looked up the light that has the co2, but there’s not that much info. Is there something else other than co2 that you need for the system?

Again I’m new to this… is co2 something I’m going to want in the future? Does it make that much of a difference? I get the light might be a little over kill, but is co2 something I want.

If I chose not to buy a light with co2 is it something that is easy to add? If that’s what I wanted to try?

As the light is 800 watt i think.
It calls for in a small 5x5 space extra co2 for your ladies to breath.
You can find out why by searching some , par maps and heat etc etc.
co2 setups can become a real drama from what i have read.
I have never tried a proper one only bags.
For the extra 200 watt and cost and drama sick to the the 6500s or 4800.
Could end up blowing up the place with co2 tanks if dont do your research.
And know what your doing , or gasing yourself.

:)

@Jaydeem02
I have not used Mars or Visosun, but be sure to look at the true watts the lamps put out. It can be a bit confusing.

Good day to everyone, I know some of this stuff has been discussed before, but I need some help deciding and choosing the right light for my grow. I’ve grown in the past with mh/Hps (over 10 years ago). I’m looking to buy 2 mars hydro tents 5x5, one for veg and one for flower. Is the FC-6500 what I want or FC-E6500???? Also there’s a 8000 model with co2?

I guess i need a little help. Do I need two different lights for each room, or do these lights work for veg and flower? Is there settings to change spectrums or just a dimmer switch.
Hey @Jaydeem02 :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
I'm running a @MedicGrow EZ - 8 1000w, hands down the best light I've ever used.
Brilliant growth, I'll see if I have a pic

PSX_20220829_072125.jpg

See the difference In the girls under the @MedicGrow

PSX_20220830_025025.jpg

@MedicGrow the last light you will ever buy. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thank you @ medicgrow, but I’m really a Mars fan boy, and really like there products. I think in 2 weeks time I will be investing in them. Thanks for the help everyone.

@Skunksta thanks for the info as well. I checked out your grow and really like your results and would like to try your method, as I think coco is a medium I want to give a whirl. Do you think you can help me out with how you do things? I see you do a coco mix with a and b? Are you using samurai products? Can you maybe walk me through your setup and the amounts I should be using?

Thanks again for all the input. Yes, both he rooms will be filled up as long as things go well. Lol. About the co2, I looked up the light that has the co2, but there’s not that much info. Is there something else other than co2 that you need for the system?

Again I’m new to this… is co2 something I’m going to want in the future? Does it make that much of a difference? I get the light might be a little over kill, but is co2 something I want.

If I chose not to buy a light with co2 is it something that is easy to add? If that’s what I wanted to try?
To clarify the light does not produce Co2 nor does it come with Co2...it's just a marketing ploy to let you know it's got enough ppfd in the middle to make use of a Co2 system if you had one

Hey @Jaydeem02 :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
I'm running a @MedicGrow EZ - 8 1000w, hands down the best light I've ever used.
Brilliant growth, I'll see if I have a pic

PSX_20220829_072125.jpg

See the difference In the girls under the @MedicGrow

PSX_20220830_025025.jpg

@MedicGrow the last light you will ever buy. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Is it DLC listed? I see it has a Max operating temp of 95F..any problems in a greenhouse?

@Skunksta thanks for the info as well. I checked out your grow and really like your results and would like to try your method, as I think coco is a medium I want to give a whirl. Do you think you can help me out with how you do things? I see you do a coco mix with a and b? Are you using samurai products? Can you maybe walk me through your setup and the amounts I should be using?
If i can help out in any way just ask.

A great start is follow the recommended amounts from the product feed charts.
But as for me in my coco.

Shogun is the brand name , samurai is the name of the soil product shogun sell.

a/b seedling 0.5ml to L
a/b veg 1.5ml to L
a/b flower 2ml/3ml to L
Calmag added every feed and nutes never plain water at 0.5/1ml to L
Add calmag first leave 10/15 mins when mixing a feed.
Thats kinda all i do.I add a boost to the mix in flower.
at 2ml to L and lower that late flower slowly.

If i can help out in any way just ask.

A great start is follow the recommended amounts from the product feed charts.
But as for me in my coco.

Shogun is the brand name , samurai is the name of the soil product shogun sell.

a/b seedling 0.5ml to L
a/b veg 1.5ml to L
a/b flower 2ml/3ml to L
Calmag added every feed and nutes never plain water at 0.5/1ml to L
Add calmag first leave 10/15 mins when mixing a feed.
Thats kinda all i do.I add a boost to the mix in flower.
at 2ml to L and lower that late flower slowly.
So do you add anything to the coco? Or is it straight coco out of the bag? (Sorry I’m new and this will be my first go in a while)

Also when you say a/b 0.5ml to L…
Is that 0.5 of each or together equaling 0.5?

Thanks again in advance.

I’m cheap. I get a 30/70 perlite.
Or 40/60 clay pebble
From any local grow store.
I will feed to run of with nutes.
The seedlings first pot.
When I see a tail she is in there.
I never give plan water even when young
In coco.

0.5 ml to the litter .
So you mix up four litter and your be adding 2ml of a/b.
To your 4 litter of water and your calmag of cause.
And thats just my seedings i would never dream of just giving a lady is veg such a small dose.

So is 100% better for the plants, or is it better to have the extra air from the perlite/clay? Also may be more forgiving with the perlite/clay? I’m not apposed to spending a little money if it was worth it or it was easier to work with/ had more benefits. Also is there a preferred brand you go with??? Fox farms was the firs that came up.

I looked up the nutes, and the a and b look to come in separate containers. Sorry I wasn’t very clear on my question. I was wondering since there in separate containers do I use 0.25 of each totaling 0.5 per L. Or do I use 0.5 of each?

ye sorry im not clear not your fault mate.
We mix in the water.
So when i say 0.5 its 0.5 from both bottles A and the B. (so four litter for a seedling would be 2ml of each)
And the way i see it is coco has nothing in it , why a coco grower has to
feed there ladies from the go with nutes or something.
So why buy the most $$$ get the cheapest in store.
Soil thats a different story all together and something i would need a hand with.
I used coco so long now. Also you go coco get used to feeding daily in flower maybe even 2 times a day.
Can become a drama if you dont have the free time.
Clay pebbles mix expect to feed more perlite mix will hold on to moisture/water/feed a little longer.
;)

So is 100% better for the plants, or is it better to have the extra air from the perlite/clay? Also may be more forgiving with the perlite/clay? I’m not apposed to spending a little money if it was worth it or it was easier to work with/ had more benefits. Also is there a preferred brand you go with??? Fox farms was the firs that came up.

I looked up the nutes, and the a and b look to come in separate containers. Sorry I wasn’t very clear on my question. I was wondering since there in separate containers do I use 0.25 of each totaling 0.5 per L. Or do I use 0.5 of each?

Back
Top Bottom