Fiji Police Seize US$2m Worth Of Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The police in Fiji say they have uplifted more than two million US dollars worth of marijuana as part of an operation in the highlands of Viti Levu.

They say more than 800 marijuana plants have been uplifted in the region of Navosa during Operation Red, which began two weeks ago.

A police spokesperson Atunaisa Sokomuri says one marijuana grower has appeared in court on a cultivation charge, while another is in police custody and four more are on the run.

He says they are coming down hard on growers because it is harvest time
“Well there seems to have been an upsurge in the marijuana discovered in the streets in the urban areas, it’s a sign that the farmers are harvesting. More marijuana is seen in the streets that means the farmers are working overtime up in the mountains.”

Inspector Sokomuri says 11,000 marijuana plants have been uplifted in the past year in Fiji, aside from the latest operation.

He says the drug contributes to social problems and criminal activities, which affect families.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: rnzi.com
Copyright: 2010 Radio New Zealand International
Contact: Radio New Zealand International - Shortwave Broadcaster to the South Pacific

Many years ago when I was travelling around the world backpacking my wife and I managed to get some smoke in every country we went to but the best by far was from Fiji.

If there were any seeds in our smoke we always planted them somewhere near our current location.

In Fiji we ended up getting sooo much smoke one time that my wife and I sat for over an hour popping out all the seeds, as we sat in hotel room listening to the beautiful sounds of Fijian Police officers band playing in the their Head Quarters, which just happened to be opposite and below where we were staying.

We had soo many seeds, two full handfuls (approx 2,000) we decided each time we walked passed their beautifully manicured gardens we'd throw a few of seeds around, which we did several times all over the lawn and the flower beds.

Now we never did find out if any came up but I'm pretty sure some would, which I'm sure would have caused some embarrassment in high places.

Best wishes,
Toaor

I lived in Fiji for 6 months. Had a few chances to smoke the Fijian Sativa and i LOVED it. I don't know how to explain it really. It was very cerebral. I remember taking a shower and being able to hear that song "Play that funky music white boy" playing as if it were on a stereo someplace. We didn't even have a stereo! I don't even listen to that song or even that kinda music! wtf is with that?

Hands down, some of the dopest dope I've ever smoked.

I remember my vividly as my wife left our room I asked her to pass the bottle of coke on the side, which she did, I grabbed it from her whilst laying on the bed my arm upstretched to take it from her.

She went off out and came back a good ten minutes later to find me still i n same position with hand stuck up in the air holding the bottle exactly where I taken it from her, very weird but great buzz.

Back
Top Bottom