Finding a Job

bluemav91

I know it hard for everyone to find a job but it is even harder if you are in college and a recreational user. Anyone have any ideas of cool jobs(No retail or fast food) for fellow toker? :nomo:

I know it hard for everyone to find a job but it is even harder if you are in college and a recreational user. Anyone have any ideas of cool jobs(No retail or fast food) for fellow toker? :nomo:

What's your major? try to find something related to your major in ANY way so it is now a significant part of your resume.

When I was in college for Computer Science, I got a job at a local internet service provider doing tech support on the phone.

I also love bikes, so a bike job would have been great for me too. But working in a bike shop was not within my major, so I chose the ISP

Yeah Joe is right. Start working in your trade as soon as possible. If you are a toker keep that on the down low though, with everyone. A lot of people that do the hiring are ex-tokers and know exactly what to look for when hiring youngens. Many of those ex-tokers do not take someone serious that is still toking, sad to say. Look at Obama. He made fun of us on national TV now that he don't do it anymore.

But yeah, a lot of people are out of work that don't smoke and have had great careers. It is an absolute depression out there. Keep your spirits up and keep trying.

If you get into a trade that smokers always get into you will typecast yourself as a lifelong toker. (bong salesmen etc)

My major is liberal arts at my community college. I plan on transferring to a four year school and getting a degree in International Studies. I can't for the life of me figure out a job that would help.

International studies? What do you plan to do with a degree like that in the end? Teaching?

I am an engineer and a project manager. I started studying project management a few years back when Boeing was developing the 787 Dreamliner. It was being fabricated and engineered all over the world and I seen a trend in business to have all this countries work being done in other countries. I had seen a lot of overflow work in the refineries too.. More work than what the larger engineering companies could do and I could take engineering to be done in Costa Rica or Nicaragua. Well a lot has happened since then and the economy is in the shitter. Not only is there not any overflow work to be had, there are a lot of Americans out there that can't even get a job. Funny what a couple years can do to a robust economy.

Advise? Learn a trade that is marketable and in high demand. Something that has a future to it. Look into the future and see what trends are developing and try to get in on them as early as you can. In the hyperspeed world we live in now you have to be fast.

Good luck.

landscaping,,,hard dirty labor for a small company is one of the last stands for jobs if you use.....IMO

Live in a legal MMJ state and be your own boss "landscaping" if ye get my drift.

Unless you intend to make yourself piss in a cup. =)

:peace:
WillyB

pizza delivery, seriously dude i get fuckin ripped every time i work, weather i have a delivery or not, granted my boss is pretty cool but most pizza places are laid back. In most cases the owners themselves smoke pot. ive worked at 4 different restaurants and have got high either on the job, or right inside the damn building (those industrial size outake fans move alot of air) Pizza delivery is the shit, make sure you got yourself a nice sound system though so you can listen to some tunes while gettin stoned and driving to ppls houses and collecting money FUCK YA

pizza delivery, seriously dude i get fuckin ripped every time i work, weather i have a delivery or not... listen to some tunes while gettin stoned and driving to ppls houses and collecting money FUCK YA
Coolness. If I only had a job like that! I wouldn't know Thursday from Pepperoni ;):ganjamon:

Semi-Trailer mechanic, at a mom and pop trailer shop...they'll usually train you on the job, almost everybody smokes and trucking aint goin' anywhere.

Fairly fun but hard work...you get to tear down and build back things. Good for someone who's good at working with their hands.

Back
Top Bottom