First Closet Grow :)

Sweeeet :) I'll get right on it then! Thank you Langa :thanks:

My temp is consistantly in the 70's. usually about 76-78 during the day and it falls below that at night. Humidity however is rockin about 40% and i know it has to be around 60 or something like that during flowering. Any ideas on how to get that up? I've tried sticking a bucket of water in there and it doesn't seem to be doing much so..

the dials are worng,, but this was posted by Hogdady.. very helpful

HUMID-copy.jpg

40% woudl be on the low side,, but still acceptable,,

just misting the plants will also bring up the humidity in the room a bit..

I'M SO CONFUSED :loopy:

My friend says you should never spray/mist a plant during flowering because it kills the trichomes??

What do you say Herb?

I'm not Herb - but I smoked some at a Holiday Inn Express one night.

Kills the trichomes? No, they're not water-soluble. That's why when cooking with cannabis, one uses something that is oil-based.

But depending on what you're spraying, how much, and how far into flowering that you are, you could end up permanently affecting the flavor of your buds or causing a mold situation.

If you're mentioning this because you're thinking about spraying your plants to raise the humidity in your grow room... The proper direction of moisture in plants is from the roots, to the leaves, and "outwards." You might notice that occasionally when two leaves are touching for a period of time that the surface between them is wet? That's water trasnspiring from the leaf that is unable to evaporate because it's covered by another leaf. That's how a plant cools itself (and, to a lesser extent, humidifies).

The humidity levels that you posted aren't a killer. While it wouldn't hurt to raise them, I wouldn't spray your plants if they've already got buds forming.

If it's really too dry, your plants will let you know. And as flowering progresses you'll want to lower the RH anyway.

The only thing I'd consider spraying on budding plants is DNF Gold (contains fulvic acid) a few times early on, a natural pesticide/repellent if there is an absolute necessity (again, only early on if at all possible but if it makes the difference between a harvest and a non-harvest, I might push it), or a trip to the kitchen sink for a date with the garden sprayer if I think that just knocking the bugs off the plant might suffice.

YMMV, of course, but most people try very hard not to spray their buds. I don't think many people even do the fulvic acid thing.

Awesome thank you TS..you cleared up alot for me :thanks: :yahoo:

I'm moving one of my other girls into flowering tomorrow. :)

VIDEO COMING SOON!

So I'm seeing pistils pop up more and more everyday

hairs5.jpg

But I am also seeing this...are these balls? Is this normal?
balls7.jpg

the pest problem is under control but my concern now. but some of the pistils are turning brown. i think this plant is a hermie. i dunno...i'm seeing what i think are balls everywhere now....sad day

iceiceice.jpg

iceice1.jpg

ice3.jpg

what do you guys say?? hermie?

looks to b hermi u migth wanna keep that 1 cuz if im not wrong u can have a bunch of female seeds if u can mayb in an sunny room as far from your gro or at a buddys place would b even better

If you sprayed your plants with something to knock down the pests, that can wither/brown the existing pistils. But it won't affect future ones and is not in that case a sign of the end of flowering.

Looks like balls. I'd feed it to the composter. BEFORE any of the male flowers matured enough to spread pollen into the air, the other plants, your fingers and clothes, et cetera.

End-of-flowering male flowers or those produced by EXTREME stress are a survival thing and using the pollen from them generally results in seeds that are predisposed to become female plants - with no more likelihood of becoming hermaphrodites.

But when it happens early on and at the drop of a hat... Others may disagree, but I'd not use them for breeding purposes if it were me. That's not a stress-hermie but genetics and I would not want those genetics passed on. I believe that's why some strains are known for a higher percentage of hermies - because the breeder chose to use a father or mother that was not sexually-stable.

Back
Top Bottom