First Ever Grow Soon!

Die Hard

420 Member
Hello, my name is Don. I live in Tennessee, USA. Thanks for the warm welcome.
I reconnected with an old friend recently, and he is offering me free clones. In fact, he has three or four he is bringing me NEXT WEDNESDAY. No idea of the strain, though I doubt they are auto flowering.
So yesterday I ordered a 240W Quantum Board kit from TIMBER, and bought a can of white-on-white flat Kilz all in one.
I'm discarding my wardrobe (finally got my priorities straight) and intend to convert a small portion of my closet into a grow. A nosey mother-in-law and others make a tent impractical at this time.
I'm lightproofing/sealing a 27" X 27" area, 8 feet high. I'll provide an exhaust fan up high, and allow conditioned air from the home to enter at the bottom.
Again, this is my first grow ever, indoor or out. I'm sure to make mistakes. Hopefully this forum will keep me on the straight and narrow.
I'm strongly considering coco in fabric pots. Today, I'll research this and order what i need to get going. Same with nutrients (it seems simply everyone uses Canna 1&2, and PK 13/14).
Then it is on to meters, timers, loupes, etc.
Looking forward to spending time here, reading and sharing.
Great community!
Peace, everybody!

Welcome. They do have tents available that would fit into the 27*27 space greatly simplifying setup. Coco with fabric pots is a tried and true method. Canna nutes are good but far from the only ones people are running, Botanicare is what I use. Advanced nutrients is another good one.

Welcome. They do have tents available that would fit into the 27*27 space greatly simplifying setup. Coco with fabric pots is a tried and true method. Canna nutes are good but far from the only ones people are running, Botanicare is what I use. Advanced nutrients is another good one.
High - thanks, Turbobucket. I wrote those nute brands down.
Just occurred to me: my clones are coming to me in dirt. They're reportedly "ready for the bucket". Any issues with them being in dirt (when going into my coco pots)? Any advice is appreciated.
Ciao.

Nope your fine. Clean the root ball gently set them in a hole, back fill and your good to go.

Foot note: I don't like stuff from other gardens in my own, paranoid about contaminants. If you know it's all clean and pest free nbd.

As for a tent inside the closet: I considered one! But I'm concerned the opening won't be where I need it. I didn't dig deep enough to see how configuratable they are, though.
If I paint my closet (needs it anyway and it's already prepped), make a quick access panel to seal the area, and provide ventilation ... am I lacking anything a tent would provide?
I don't have a "grow style" yet, so I am very open-minded (insofar as time allows with babies on the way).
I'm all ears!

With a tent you'd have a better vapor barrier really the biggest difference. You lose the flexibility of having mounting surfaces all the way around like you have with drywall. I'm a big supporter of a built in I've spent months on mine at this point. One thing to keep in mind you always want more space, no matter how much you have.

Nope your fine. Clean the root ball gently set them in a hole, back fill and your good to go.

Foot note: I don't like stuff from other gardens in my own, paranoid about contaminants. If you know it's all clean and pest free nbd.
This
With a tent you'd have a better vapor barrier really the biggest difference. You lose the flexibility of having mounting surfaces all the way around like you have with drywall. I'm a big supporter of a built in I've spent months on mine at this point. One thing to keep in mind you always want more space, no matter how much you have.

By "clean the root ball" do you mean "remove the loose soul" or "remove all soil"?
The clones have been described as "baseball to softball sized".
Thanks once again!

Back
Top Bottom