First ever grow, strain identification

CannaHill

420 Member
I was given a pretty sad looking seedling a few months ago. A few soil changes and regular watering seems to have done the trick and now I have this thing outside.

Never grown one before. Does anyone know what it might be?. It looks like it's in the sativa family based on other pictures I've seen.

20210816_184209.jpg

20210815_135448.jpg

20210517_201636.jpg

Definitely sativa dom but specific strain, no way to tell. If you could narrow it down by what was available in your area maybe. I am assuming your friend didn't know cause it was a bag seed. When it starts developing a terpene profile you may be able to narrow it down further. At best you will end up with an educated guess and some good smoke. Name it Betty and load a bowl.

Agreed with everyone and well done! That will fill some serious jars. It is already flowering which is great. It looks like you are outdoors, have you confirmed your season is long enough for a sativa leaning strain?

Its already flowering so that helps, if you get frost how long before first frost?

Definitely sativa dom but specific strain, no way to tell. If you could narrow it down by what was available in your area maybe. I am assuming your friend didn't know cause it was a bag seed. When it starts developing a terpene profile you may be able to narrow it down further. At best you will end up with an educated guess and some good smoke. Name it Betty and load a bowl.
Named her Gertrude. Looking forward to getting to know her

Agreed with everyone and well done! That will fill some serious jars. It is already flowering which is great. It looks like you are outdoors, have you confirmed your season is long enough for a sativa leaning strain?

Its already flowering so that helps, if you get frost how long before first frost?
Yep, outdoors in the Toronto area. First frost could be around Halloween, first week of Nov.
There was a noticeable difference in growth right around August 01. I'm calling that the beginning of flower which puts me at the end of week 3 now at the 21rst. End of Sept will be 8 weeks, and Halloween at 12 weeks. Should be enough time to finish even if it goes long.

20210821_154115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom