First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

yes it will live,
i've flowered a plant with just a regular cfl bulb and it worked great they werent the biggest buds but they were fricking tight and it takes about the same time.
dont throw in the towel just do it man
nothing ventured nothing gained
hey heres an idea get a wire basket for an outdoor hanging plant they are round about 10 inches deep and about a foot across you can buy them at a garden center, put the bottom of it near the top of the plant so that the bowl part is facing down then go 12/12 and train it thru the wires with the bulb inside the bowl part you will be amazed at your results this was how i did it with just a single bulb only right side up.
if you can get a shop light hood you can put the bulb thru it and have a reflector for it too also something ive done.
what ever you decide to do just grow the plant were are all behind you on this

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

i just saw the commercial for the bag ur using and it says that the sun warms the bag to promote root growth so have we thought about wrapping a heating pad around the bag to help the roots ???
maybe just try it on a low setting.
again just a thought

should i do this torture

hey, if you want to go flouro the whole way you might want to consider getting the big 100 watters. they sell them at home depot for outddoor house lights. i havent bought on in a long time but i think they're only like 40 bucks or something. they come with a built in reflector, and plastic top to keep heat in (meant to keep weather out). and you can just buy a 1 dollar extension cord, cut off the female socket end, and wire the light to the plug side. just screw wire caps on the end. and i usually put some electrical tape to seal it.

those are alot more powerful, and still cheap. i would run a couple.

I bought that how do i do the extension cord thing?

i just saw the commercial for the bag ur using and it says that the sun warms the bag to promote root growth so have we thought about wrapping a heating pad around the bag to help the roots ???
maybe just try it on a low setting.
again just a thought

should i do this torture

If your attic is like mine then no heating pad required. Maybe an ice-pack lol. Gets so hot even the bats sweat.

hey is it okay i trimmed the dead yellow leaves that we the first few that came out the only had three leaves, also i have nine finger leaves comming out now

top,

if your space is dropping in temp below 60 a heat pad might help, but hot roots are as bad as cold ones. it depends on the ambient temp around the soil.

the light is easy, blk is hot and white is neutral. ground is green. on the extension cord, cut off the female end. strip the ends. one of the two wires is usually marked by heving grooves or a stripe on it. this is also hot.

take the groovy extension wire and twist it with black wire on the light. screw a wire cap on the end or electrical tape it up. do the same with the smooth end and the white end. just leave the green, we dont need no stinkin ground wire. (unless you have a 3 pron extension cord, then do green with green. black with black. white with white.

dude i need more detail i cant understand will it work for that bulb i bouht?

oic,

you bought the bulb, i though you also bought one of those outdoor cfl lights at home depot. with a reflector and bulb and just needed to be wired.

you only have the bulb? let me look at it again.

topsy,

the bulb you bought goes with this fixture:
Lights of America 100W fluorescent super flood light (92102)
(same store you bought the bulb from)

its $55 bucks, and unfortunately probably includes the bulb. like tor said, might want to search to see if you can get it cheap without a bulb (doubt it)

if your going to buy the ballast, you might consider getting 2 65 watters instead.
they are 36.80 each at that site, which is about what i paid when i bought some at home depot. you might be able to find them a bit cheaper if you search the sku.

here is the 65 watter.
Lights of America 65W Fluorex floodlight (White) (9265)

also, how much dirt does your thing hold again? i don't know if id flower yet (untill you have better light. . . plants do MUCH better in veg under small light. . . not that it wouldn't work, just not as good and if your getting better light soon, id wait.

topsy,

the bulb you bought goes with this fixture:
Lights of America 100W fluorescent super flood light (92102)
(same store you bought the bulb from)

its $55 bucks, and unfortunately probably includes the bulb. like tor said, might want to search to see if you can get it cheap without a bulb (doubt it)

if your going to buy the ballast, you might consider getting 2 65 watters instead.
they are 36.80 each at that site, which is about what i paid when i bought some at home depot. you might be able to find them a bit cheaper if you search the sku.

here is the 65 watter.
Lights of America 65W Fluorex floodlight (White) (9265)

also, how much dirt does your thing hold again? i don't know if id flower yet (untill you have better light. . . plants do MUCH better in veg under small light. . . not that it wouldn't work, just not as good and if your getting better light soon, id wait.

if u cant put alot money in it buy more cfls or something from lowes/wally world.

Got anymore pics i love to see how good its doin and whats the time frame of it right now

2nd day flower and accidently broke a bulb so im getting another tonight and yes i have alot of pics im putting up for ? about what to do and if these things happening are norml (notice the spelling) lol

2409.jpg

1596.jpg

3366.jpg

6198.jpg

4290.jpg

any help would be appreciated

5228.jpg

7169.jpg

there ate nine finger leaves comming out now

whats up with the coloring and in the branches torture? and how long do i have to wait after flower to know the sex?

it looks fine topsy
it should show sex within two weeks after you flower it
the purple color on the stems is ok i have it on mine and they are right side up
have you thought about how your going to train it yet ?
because when you start flowering its going to shoot up er down rapidly so get a plan together as to how to keep it headed in the right direction.
good luck buddy :grinjoint:

If you mean training to make it branch/bush, it should train itself to a great degree since the "tip" of the plant is on the bottom.

how do i train it cause i got an alright set up now and idk what you mean by training it honestly

Back
Top Bottom