First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

you are already "training it" sort of training it just means making it grow where you want by tying it down, or putting it through a trellis or something.

your trying to make it grow down, so your tying it downward. its looking good so far.

stealing isn't cool man. im sure you can save up 40 or 50 bucks if you really try.

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

you are already "training it" sort of training it just means making it grow where you want by tying it down, or putting it through a trellis or something.

your trying to make it grow down, so your tying it downward. its looking good so far.

My brain is not smart right now, someone want to explain to him about auxins and what happens when the "top" of the plant is the lowest part?

stealing isn't cool man. im sure you can save up 40 or 50 bucks if you really try.

Go for a walk on Saturday morning and start knocking on doors. Ask them if they'd rather enjoy their weekend and pay YOU to mow their lawn. If two people say yes then you're there.

ill take a stab at it this time
what i mean by training is that the top of your plant wants to turn around and go to the bottom which in your case is the top already.what we need you to do is to stop this from happening by keep your top at the bottom and headed in a southerly direction namely the floor which is exactly the opposite of what your plant wants to do.heres a quick suggestion,get a piece of dowel about 3 feet long from a hardware store for like a buck and a bag of twisties for like bread.then secure the dowel to the bag and the plant and start putting a twistie every few inches down the plant as it grows this should keep it headed for the floor.now the bud branches could be a different story we may have to brainstorm that one together.hmmmmmm i wonder if a twistie with a very small fishing weight attached to it might work for this ? just a thought, hell it just might work for the whole thing.anyone following me on this.
p.s.
i just smoked 4 bowls of ak-47 keif from my trim leaves man its sweet
so this may look funny tomorrow :grinjoint:

The fishing weights would work fine. I have seen plants that had empty bic lighters hanging all over to train the branches. Looked like a Christmas tree.

guys - he is already tying it down. . .

all he needs to do is get a somewhat powerful light to start flowering.

you doin good top. . . do what tor said, do some yard work, borrow off of parents, do something constructive to make a few smackers and get a light. other than that just keep doin what your doin and see how the plant chooses to grow its branches.

Have thought about moving her outside? or maybe you don't live in an area where that is possible. I think the advantage of the topsy turvy is that you can hang in on your porch or in your garden and most people will not know what the plant is. After all, you never hear of cops busting an upside down garden! lol

Well topsy,
I think that you should let the plant grow some more on its own. Continue providing the lights below, yes the plant will follow the light always! SO if the light is on the right side of the plant it will grow that way. The topsy that grows tomatoes outdoors the branches and all growth goes up toward the light.. and the feature of growing this way is the fruit that needs staking will not have to be as gravity will hold the fruit downward.
I dont see an advantage growing MJ this way but this is a most interesting project and I look forward to its conclusion.. Maybe we will all learn something, I do mostly....

OH what are you feeding it?

I have some suspicions that the plant will still tend to grow away from the pull of gravity even if you park a 1000-watt HID under it.

I could definitely be wrong. I know that plants tend to "point" towards the light, but after seeing a friend that had temporarily placed his 400-watt MH at plant-level pointing sideways at the plants and laying the plants on their sides so they were pointing at it...

And having to turn the pots over every day because they started growing upwards at a slant... I do have my doubts that they will 100% aim for the light.

Wonder how a plant will grow with lights all around it? MAybe the plant on a rotater thing? Just an idea, WHat do you think is there some info on this? Whada think .TS?

I think that the more light hitting the plant's energy-factories, the better. I've seen some nice CFL grow journals here that ended up with CFLs all around the girls.

As long as it buds idc, its a TEST, ill buy the good shit when i know its going to work and i WANT to grow it upside down so dont come back with well just get a good rightside up system goin, well my plan eventually is to have some hangin some growing up into the hanging ones idk though just being creative u know

I love what you are doing Topsy. Once cannabis becomes legal, we can have cannabis hanging baskets on our front porch. Push that envelope.

Ive been meaning to recreate this grow ever since I saw that infomercial. I would like to see it with some proper lighting venting and nutes. I think you could get ridiculous yields if done right.

I want one on my front porch!

dropped the camera in water wont be back up with good pics for a while but i hava n alright one it good enough i guess but ima wait till like the next few weeks of flower to put a pic on cause ill have more lights and it will look better so thanks al and if i need help torture your my main man and anyone else is more than welcome to help me with my probs.

i know u droped the cam but can u give us a update on how things are doin?

What ever happened to this grow? I want to know what happened!!

What ever happened to this grow? I want to know what happened!!

My guess is the roots died off. That purple color in the stems is a sign of carb buildup. Osmosis moves water and nutes from the roots up to the leaves (and flowers and fruits) Those leave create energy in the form of sugar (and hormones) which flow back down the cambium layer (via gravity) and feed the roots to keep the whole system going. You cut off that flow down to the roots (like the technique of girdling) and the plant will die off sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom