First grow just have questions about a small carbon filter and lighting

monstergt88

Sup guys I used to grow with my friend but he moved to California. I learned some things from growing with him, so I want to try it out myself. I want to do a closet grow. I found a grow tent here from Grener's - GrowLab GL40 Portable Grow Room. Its a 1'4x1'4x3'11 tent. If anyone has any opinions on that tent let me know. Anyway since its such a small grow I heard about these mini stand up carbon filters you use for them. Can anyone recommend me a sight for these things? Also I'm going to go LED for the lighting. For this size grow, what do you guys recommend? Thank you!

Sup guys I used to grow with my friend but he moved to California. I learned some things from growing with him, so I want to try it out myself. I want to do a closet grow. I found a grow tent here. GrowLab GL40 Portable Grow Room. Its a 1'4x1'4x3'11 tent. If anyone has any opinions on that tent let me know. Anyway since its such a small grow I heard about these mini stand up carbon filters you use for them. Can anyone recommend me a sight for these things? Also I'm going to go LED for the lighting. For this size grow, what do you guys recommend? Thank you!

We need more info, what are the temperatures like where you are?
Do you live in a house or apt?
Do you need to keep this stealth?
Do you need a tent inside of closet?
You could grow in closet without tent until you have vegging plants and flowering plants?
I never had a smell problem, vegging does not have alot of smell to it?
Are you hiding this from someone?
Lots of questions we need more info, read a journal from the start, and let us know what your plans are and where you are in growing, you may not even need a filter with such a small grow, depending on your living situation, I purchased a filter and never used it. Keep in touch, check out my site. Good luck, you'll do good here, everyone on this site is here to help you along the way/grace:welcome:

We need more info, what are the temperatures like where you are?
Do you live in a house or apt?
Do you need to keep this stealth?
Do you need a tent inside of closet?
You could grow in closet without tent until you have vegging plants and flowering plants?
I never had a smell problem, vegging does not have alot of smell to it?
Are you hiding this from someone?
Lots of questions we need more info, read a journal from the start, and let us know what your plans are and where you are in growing, you may not even need a filter with such a small grow, depending on your living situation, I purchased a filter and never used it. Keep in touch, check out my site. Good luck, you'll do good here, everyone on this site is here to help you along the way/grace:welcome:

I live in a house on the 2nd floor. I live in the north east so figure 75-95 degree summers, 50-75 during the day in fall and 45-60 at night? pretty cold winters but last year was weird it was quite warm. Spring is like 60-80 and the same at night id say.
I do have to keep it stealth
I would like one because I want to keep it hidden and not in the open

I could yes but then it wouldn't be stealthy lol it would just be a plant in my closet. Interesting about the no carbon filter. I do remember that there was no smell really when vegging. I plan on putting one or two potted plants in my room just so that "natural" plant smell is understandable. I think I would rather have one though just in case if it stinks a bit during flowering. As for the ventilation I may vent it into a wall. Meaning cut a hole into the wall and stick the duct in the wall. I could just leave it open on the outside and no duct but I would think you would hear the fan more? But like I was saying before that made me want to ask this question... Does someone make a mini carbon filter I could put in the tent and have no duct work at all? I will thank you! Yeah ive heard really good things about these forums from a couple of my buddies.

monster, if you need to keep it stealth you will need a filter. Here's a 4" combo that would probably work for a small tent. Amazon: New Hydropronic 4" Inline Fan With Carbon Filter Combo Odor Control Air Quiet. You could mount it on the top of the tent in the closet and duct it to the tent. 4" ducting is really cheap at the big box stores. you need to vent the tent and this way you will be exchanging the air in the tent for cooling and fresh air for the growing girls. The tent you are looking at is a pretty small one. If that is all that will fit so be it but I would use as big as possible. Even 20"x20"x48" would give you a little more space. There is so much info on this site for a good grow to succeed so study and have fun

1667118077534.png

Back
Top Bottom