RustedStoner

Hello

Grow Room: 80x80x180 grow tent
Light: 400w MH
Medium: Promix 50/50
Neuts Used: Green House Powder Feeding Grow -
Water: PH 6.20 runoff at 5.8
Strain: C99 Haze

My plant has been in veg for about 4 weeks now and was really healthy untill a week ago. What happened is I watered with a neut mix of 4gr with 5l of water they recommend 1gr per litre. Anyway I watered it a few times with that neut strength and it was happy. But on the faithful day when the problems started there was quite a bit of runoff that the plant was sitting in for about 8 hours or so.

When I noticed it I emptied all the runoff and left the plant in the tent to grow. I started noticing a day later that some of the bottom leaves started turning yellow and that I got some neut burn on the leaves.

I did a flush with water a ph of 7 until I got runoff just over a ph of 6 as I red magnesium gets absorbed better by the plant on that ph level. I left the soil to dry out totally (soil was bone dry half a finger in) and the leaves stopped turning yellow. Yesterday I watered the plant with 2gr per 5ltr mixture and this morning I noticed allot more leaves turned yellow but when it was dry it looked like it stopped. The plant grew quite a bit from yesterday to today though.

Im picking up some calmag today to hope it alleviates the problem. I would really appreciate it if some of the brilliant minds here can point me in the right direction.

Pic Below of the lady:

20150508_095512.jpg

View image in gallery

:Namaste:

Looks more like a deficiency to me but it couldn't hurt to ease up on the nutes if you think you are overfeeding. What is your medium? Promix 50/50, what does that mean? Could be an issue of nailing down the right ph. Are you using tap water?

It looks like a nitrogen deficiency at first glance, but if you're giving them nutes then it may be something else. I see you're monitoring your water pH but what about the soil pH? Perhaps it's too high/low.

Looks more like a deficiency to me but it couldn't hurt to ease up on the nutes if you think you are overfeeding. What is your medium? Promix 50/50, what does that mean? Could be an issue of nailing down the right ph. Are you using tap water?

Hey thanks for getting back to me sorry I should have been more specific the medium is Promix 50/50 (Cocopeat/Perlite).

I am using tap water the tap water ph is about 9.5, I add my nutes then ph it down to about 6 6.2

It looks like a nitrogen deficiency at first glance, but if you're giving them nutes then it may be something else. I see you're monitoring your water pH but what about the soil pH? Perhaps it's too high/low.

Its my first grow so I was asuming that the ph of my soil should be somewhere between the runnoff and the ph'd water that I am feeding it. Should I get a soil ph meter, the problem is if I order it its only arriving at the end of next week.

The comments regarding the neuts it says in that there is nitrogen issue but there is nitro already in it here is the neuts the are values below. Another thing letting the plant sit in the runoff for a few hours that was about a inch deep affect anything or maybe cause this ?

I am thinking of getting bottled water as that what I used when she was still young and she seemed to love it. Should I lay of the neuts and just use bottled water with a ph of 6 again ?

COMPOSITION

N-P-K-Mg: 24+6+12+(1.2)
CONCENTRATION OF ELEMENTS

24% N Total Nitrogen
13% NS Nitrogen Nitrate
11% NA Nitrogen Ammoniacal
6% P2O5 Nitrogen Phosphorus
12% K2O Soluble Potassium
1.2% Mg Soluble Magnesium (=1.2% Mg)
0.02% B Soluble Boron
0.04% Cu Soluble Copper (as Chelate form EDTA)
0.1% Fe Soluble Iron (as Chelate form EDTA)
0.05% Mn Soluble Manganese (as Chelate from EDTA)
0.01% Mo Soluble Molybdenum
0.01% Zn Soluble Zinc (as Chelate from EDTA)
Powder Feeding - Keep it Simple!

Another thing that is strange is when I flushed it and let it dry up it looked like the yellow leaves stop spreading but after the feed the next day I got all that new yellow leaves as I trimmed the other ones of before.

Perhaps there's something going on with your roots that's keeping them from absorbing the nutes they need. Overwatering, for example, will keep the roots from getting oxygen and the symptoms can look very much like a nitrogen deficiency. What's your watering schedule?

Perhaps there's something going on with your roots that's keeping them from absorbing the nutes they need. Overwatering, for example, will keep the roots from getting oxygen and the symptoms can look very much like a nitrogen deficiency. What's your watering schedule?

Before the runof mishap she was drinking the pot dry in about 3 max 4 days, after the runoff mishap I could see there was stress and she took about 7 days to drink it dry. After the flush she dried up after about 5 days, is there any way i can investigate if there is root damage or should i do a re pot. I dont have a issue re potting a small seedling but I would like to avoid it if I could at the current stage.

Its a 15ltr pot.

Your tap water is 9.5?! That's crazy high! Maybe that is an issue going on here, hopefully its safe tap water. And your medium isn't soil, it's soilless so you run it like hydroponics. With my Promix HP I aimed for a ph of 5.8-6.0, fed a little nutes with each watering once they were big enough and everything went better. I'd make sure you let it dry out good before watering from now on too

Back
Top Bottom