First Grow - Not Sure When to Switch to 12/12

mtgman

20150213_203225.jpg
20150215_190152.jpg

I read that it's time to switch to 12/12 when the branches start staggering as they grow. My main branches aren't staggering, but my "secondary" branches are (as seen in the 2nd pic. some stagger a lot more than that, but the main ones still aren't doing that. The end of this week will be 7 weeks in. Should I start flowering soon?

Hi and welcome.
You can put it into the 12/12 schedule whenever you want. Some people go 12/12 from seed. I'm assuming yours are grown from seed.
However, under 12/12 the plants can't start actually budding till they are old enough- usually about a month or so. Often people flip them after they show their sex, which is a good sign that they're old enough to start flowering.
When to flip depends mainly on what size you want them to be- the aim being usually to fill your flowering space. So you have to look at the space you have available for flowering and account for the fact that indicas (which yours appear to be) will roughly double in height in the first few weeks of budding.
Here's a bit of info from the Cap'n which you may find interesting re. plant size and yield. How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

Not dealing exactly with your specific question but I'm sure you'll like it anyway.

Hi and welcome.
You can put it into the 12/12 schedule whenever you want. Some people go 12/12 from seed. I'm assuming yours are grown from seed.
However, under 12/12 the plants can't start actually budding till they are old enough- usually about a month or so. Often people flip them after they show their sex, which is a good sign that they're old enough to start flowering.
When to flip depends mainly on what size you want them to be- the aim being usually to fill your flowering space. So you have to look at the space you have available for flowering and account for the fact that indicas (which yours appear to be) will roughly double in height in the first few weeks of budding.
Here's a bit of info from the Cap'n which you may find interesting re. plant size and yield. How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

Not dealing exactly with your specific question but I'm sure you'll like it anyway.

Thank you! This was an amazing answer. Provided me with a lot more insight. Love the link!

You're welcome. The Cap'n is one I the reasons I joined this site- unfortunately around the same time he left. He has a half dozen threads still here and every one is well worth reading.

Back
Top Bottom