First grow stories!

420-magazine-mobile881971681.jpg

My first grow was just a shot in the dark as a project with my father. Ended up with bud that turned to dust upon touching it lol it was a great learning experience though. After that I attended a local Cannabis school and got my techniques on par.

Cannabis school? No fair. Growing crap and killing a few plants is the only way to learn. Everyone is taking short cuts these days LMAO.

Had four seeds 1 sprouted planted it in garden soil in a potplant. Got lucky and it was a girl. But not potent

Oh and it was grown outdoor. I used to bring it in at night and keep in in the bathroom where the light stays on to keep it from flowering and that worked.

My first grow was disappointing in the yield department, but fire on the quality. Skywalker Kush by DNA Genetics I believe. The breeder may have called it something else, reserva something.

Organic grow with FFOF, worm castings, bloom powder, and a bunch of other stuff.

32x32 tent, hand me down extraction fan, cheap inline intake fan, desk top circulation fan, mars 300, then upgraded to a 400, then upgraded again to a 315w cmh, all in the same grow.

I ended up with about +70 grams from 2 plants.

My first grow went surprisingly well. Started 4 bag seeds, two were male. I went with a DWC setup and 2 600 watt LED's ina 4x4 closet. I trained them out and defoliated one but no the other. It was a great experience. The smoke was fire, big dense nugs on the one that was defoliated. I think I got lucky more than anything else. A ton of preparation and research did take place before I got started though so maybe I just put myself in a position to get lucky. Final outcome was just over 10 ounces off 2 plants. Plus about 15 grams of hash from the trim. It was a great experience all around. Here are some of the nugs from the first harvest...

20170704_102127.jpg

20170704_121327.jpg

20170704_122250.jpg

Boveda is a very helpful product if you grow more than you consume in a month or so. I have been using these products for years, I just looked at a couple of jars and I have Boost 62 packs in them. After I dry and cure my product I finish each jar with a packet and I have jars from 2014 on, still with packs in them. They seal like you canned peaches, vacuum released the quality is top notch. If you keep the used packets in a sealed jar after you have used them a season they are good for next year if you leave them out in the air they get as hard as a rock. You can order them on-line or most grow shops have them, 2-3 bucks a pack. Standard product in my grow room. My goal was always to grow a year supply, well I have surpassed that goal. Just dry and cure before sealing for a year or more, leaving that much moisture would certainly ruin a crop. Good luck to each of you.

Back
Top Bottom